Blake Griffin traded to Detroit

bigbadbuff23835

1 minute ago, The LBC said:

This team tried tanking or at least were in prime position to do so this season (seriously, go and look at the number of games missed by the presumptive Opening Day starters this season) and they were still, as of today, sitting 1 game out of the 8-seed and 3 games out of the 6-seed in the West.

I'm just saying that I don't expect 1/3 of the "assets" acquired for Blake to still be on this roster come, at the latest, this time next year.  If the hope is to do a true lottery rebuild, they're going to have to package some of these guys in with the likes of DAJ and Lou to get the least-protected likely lottery picks as possible.

Of course, and I'm sure they will try to package some of those guys away. You're just looking at what they got and not looking at what is to happen next season when there is no Lou/Griffin/Jordan. If you are going to rebuild, then do it all the way. Don't just be stuck where you are just good enough to always finish with at best a late lottery pick. And besides, Griffin has missed like over 75 games the last three years if you count the playoffs. Is that all of a sudden going to stop? Probably not. 

Now have to try to flip Bradley for a pick. 

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Next year with Lou Williams gone DJ gone will the Clippers have enough salary-cap to sign two max players like Paul George and LeBron?

I just can't see LeBron coming out West (leaving the Clippers out of the discussion, just speaking about the West in general) unless the other max player is less ball-dominant as he is, and likely unless that guy is a 1 or a big.  Bron's not dumb.  He's not going to shift to having to face the Warriors in the Conference Finals versus the NBA Finals unless he's on a team he feels like has the build to match-up well against the Dubs.

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

yall trippin.  am i the only one who think the pistons got fleeced?  clippers might still make it as an 8th seed in the playoffs. plus they get expirings and draft picks. 

Clippers aren't trying to make the playoffs and this was just move one of more to come. Expect DAJ/Lou to be gone by next week as well. 

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

yall trippin.  am i the only one who think the pistons got fleeced?  clippers might still make it as an 8th seed in the playoffs. plus they get expirings and draft picks. 

not at all. LA gets out of griffin's contract, picks up a 1st, and a very good player in avery bradley. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Clippers aren't trying to make the playoffs and this was just move one of more to come. Expect DAJ/Lou to be gone by next week as well. 

im under the assumption no team will be dumb enough to give up alot for 2 rentals.  if they both stay clippers could sneak in as an 8th seed.  i wish beverley wasnt hurt.  that backcourt would be nasty defensively. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Of course, and I'm sure they will try to package some of those guys away. You're just looking at what they got and not looking at what is to happen next season when there is no Lou/Griffin/Jordan. If you are going to rebuild, then do it all the way. Don't just be stuck where you are just good enough to always finish with at best a late lottery pick. And besides, Griffin has missed like over 75 games the last three years if you count the playoffs. Is that all of a sudden going to stop? Probably not. 

Now have to try to flip Bradley for a pick. 

I'm not failing to look beyond and into next season, i'm just skeptical that this team can embrace the tank.  Look at the amount of games missed by presumptive Opening Day starters for the Clippers this season, and still, as of today, they're one game out of the 8-seed and 3 out of the 6-seed.  If you're going to embrace the tank you do it when you were an 11-win team earlier in the season.  Barring some "favorable treatment behind closed doors" (i.e. lottery), I don't see where their own natural picks are going to do them a ton of good even if they try and tank.

As to Bradley, we're probably better off packaging him with DAJ or Lou to improve on the pick return from one of them.

Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

If you're a max player, how do you not negotiate a no-trade clause into your contract? There's barely anything else to negotiate over! 

Gotta be in the league 8 years and with your current team for 4 years before you can get a NTC in the NBA.

Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

If you're a max player, how do you not negotiate a no-trade clause into your contract? There's barely anything else to negotiate over! 

You'd think so, but they're pretty rare in the NBA.  Steph doesn't even have one, IIRC.

Archived