Blake Griffin traded to Detroit

bigbadbuff23835

Team doctors re-evaluate Jackson weekly and he hasn’t experienced any setbacks in his recovery, which required him to wear a walking boot and sleep in a separate splint. On the current timetable, Jackson could be cleared to resume basketball activities in another couple weeks, then after he ramps up his conditioning, he could be ready to return to the lineup after the All-Star break, in time for the matchup against the Boston Celtics on Feb. 23 at Little Caesars Arena.

Jackson has shed his walking boot and is moving around without much trouble and is in week five of his projected six to eight weeks of recovery from the grade-3 sprain, which he suffered on Dec. 26 against the Indiana Pacers.

27 minutes ago, Darkness said:

If the Cavs can attach the terrible contracts of Smith and Thompson, it wouldn’t be. 

Jordan, Bradley for Nets 1st, Thompson, Smith

Jordan

Love

James

Bradley

Thomas

That would definitely be tempting.  I'd want another long-term asset of some kind since they are both rentals.  Maybe the Clippers would be willing to throw in the lower of theirs and Detroit's 1st rounders since they'd be getting the Brooklyn pick, though I doubt it.  Maybe top 12 protect them and they turn into the 2019 Detroit 2nd rounder and Cleveland's 2020 2nd rounder if they fall in the top 12.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Teams need to stop trying to play both sides of a rebuild.  The Clippers couldn't get Kennard or Johnson?  Embrace the tank (they owe Boston their 1st rounder in 2019 if they make the playoffs) and flip Bradley, Harris, and trade Jordan and Williams.  Playing both sides is a mistake that gets you stuck in the middle.

I wonder how many other teams that are buying knew that Griffin was available.

This narrative is nice in theory, but I disagree. How'd it work out for Orlando? How's it going for PHX? Just so much easier said than done. 

4 hours ago, Darkness said:

If the Cavs can attach the terrible contracts of Smith and Thompson, it wouldn’t be. 

Jordan, Bradley for Nets 1st, Thompson, Smith

Jordan

Love

James

Bradley

Thomas

I just don't see how that lineup competes with the Warriors. Bradley would be a nice grab for the Cavs, though. However, they'd need to avoid giving up that Nets pick in the deal.

Archived