Superb owl LII Talk

Texas_OutLaw7

1 hour ago, Danger said:

If the fix was in, both of those would have been ruled incomplete and you know it.

No, what he means is the fix was in for the Iggles to win it. All it takes is one little gray area like the "catch/ no catch" to be called at precisely the right time, say like in a big game when TD's really matter to keep pace with a high scoring offense.

Compound that with all of the ISH Jerry Jones has been making with Goodell over the years and you can see why an official might call one a catch and the other not.

I do have to say though, I NEVER have seen a team come so far so fast when only two years ago their "savior" Chip Kelly apparentley set this franchise back 5 years, only to be rescued by the guy they fired, Howie Roseman, 1 year later.

For years Roseman couldn't GM his way out of a paper bag and in 2 years he managed to:

1. Acquire the best QB the league has seen in 10 years.

2. Get a 1st round pick for a piece of garbage QB.

3. Sign multiple high quality FA's

4. Win a SB with a bunch of back ups against the greatest franchise ever.

Compound that with Jeffrey saying he guarantees a SB victory BEFORE he was even an Iggle along with all the SB talk beginning in October and you can kind of get a little suspicious. 

That is, if you believe in that sort of thing.

See, I do, and as a result, I'm going to Jamaica in April with what I earned last night using this line of thinking. Thank you IGGLES!

Congrats enjoy your trophy, I'll be "Feeling good Lewis" on a beach in 8 weeks. Ya Mon!

Just now, Rtnldave said:

No, what he means is the fix was in for the Iggles to win it. All it takes is one little gray area like the "catch/ no catch" to be called at precisely the right time, say like in a big game when TD's really matter to keep pace with a high scoring offense.

The fix would not be in for Philly to win. Please stop the with the jokes. LOL

If the fix was in, it would have been for the Patriots. Those calls were kept as they were because there wasn't irrefutable evidence and they were called Touchdowns on the field. If they were ruled incomplete, they probably stay that way as well.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

If the fix was in, it would have been for the Patriots. Those calls were kept as they were because there wasn't irrefutable evidence and they were called Touchdowns on the field. If they were ruled incomplete, they probably stay that way as well.

In fairness, you could make the case they were called TDs on the field *because* they were inconclusive and necessitated review (at least the Clement TD, for sure- the refs were very hesitant before raising their arms simultaneously) making that sort of circular logic, no?

I don't think the game was fixed for you. Just think the subjectivity and inconsistency is annoying and perplexing.

Just now, matt79511 said:

In fairness, you could make the case they were called TDs on the field *because* they were inconclusive and necessitated review (at least the Clement TD, for sure- the refs were very hesitant before raising their arms simultaneously) making that sort of circular logic, no?

I don't think the game was fixed for you. Just think the subjectivity and inconsistency is annoying and perplexing.

I think the last thing the NFL wanted was the ridiculousness of their catch rule determining the outcome of the Super Bowl. Ertz was in every way a Touchdown, Clement is debatable.

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think the last thing the NFL wanted was the ridiculousness of their catch rule determining the outcome of the Super Bowl. Ertz was in every way a Touchdown, Clement is debatable.

I don't know, man. I kinda think that's exactly what they want. The league office has done nothing but gain more and more power and influence under Goodell.

I remember reading something (I wanna say it was an MMQB piece) this year that basically said refs are more concerned than ever about getting grilled by the league over 'incorrect' calls and that they tend to defer to replay reviews in New York when there's a sliver of doubt.

52 minutes ago, Danger said:

Why for the Patriots?

25 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Why is it the only times the Patriots crap the bed in the SB has to be the NFC East teams?

I suppose this is good news if we go there and face them. We seem to be the SEC Conference of the NFL.

We are the only division in football that can boast all 4 teams have a Lombardi!

Dallas 5

NYG 4

Wash 3

Iggles 1

1 hour ago, Super4 said:

I'm sick.  Like literally sick.  I can't... I just... ugh.

Yeah...I've been pretty grossed-out all day, too.  I can't wait for the "We're a Dynasty in the making, bros!" comments coming from that horse-poop eating fanbase. 

Once again:

0016hh6p

34 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Yeah...I've been pretty grossed-out all day, too.  I can't wait for the "We're a Dynasty in the making, bros!" comments coming from that horse-poop eating fanbase. 

Once again:

0016hh6p

The horse poo tastes delicious seasoned with all your salt

30 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

Once again:

0016hh6p

Thats gonna be my new comeback from now on to arguments with them.

"Oh go eat some horse poop!"

Archived