The tWo Hangout

14 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Went to my first NHL game tonight. Nashville vs Pittsburgh. Never been a huge hockey guy but it wasn’t that bad. Wanted to see a fight and that was accomplished.

Im relatively new to it too. Fun af once you learn the game a decent bit imo.

45 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Odd that we can list all the major sports teams we follow but NHL.

Someone needs to talk to webby...

I have. I believe it’s on his list of things to do. We only got sports other than football because I asked for a way to show my Cubs fandom.

18 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Im relatively new to it too. Fun af once you learn the game a decent bit imo.

The appreciation of the nuance can take a bit to get under control. Watching in person was always so much more fun than watching on tv, because the atmosphere really helps make it, particularly for a new fan. Would go see my D3 college play all the time, and they were an absolute blast to watch from the arena. Haven’t made it to a Blackhawks game yet, but I’ll get there.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, iPwn said:

The appreciation of the nuance can take a bit to get under control. Watching in person was always so much more fun than watching on tv, because the atmosphere really helps make it, particularly for a new fan. Would go see my D3 college play all the time, and they were an absolute blast to watch from the arena. Haven’t made it to a Blackhawks game yet, but I’ll get there.

A lot of times, the lower level amateur games can end up more fun than any given regular season NHL game.  Largely because the defensive systems are a lot less rigid and not as well executed at lower levels, which makes for more mistakes and more exciting crazy play back and forth as a result.

8 hours ago, iPwn said:

Turns out you were right.

Lol. Admittedly, I didn't account for you turning the Jags forum into WAYTA for a few days. With that said, our GDT hit 33 pages in a loss to a bad team with Matt Cassel starting at quarterback. Long-term, I'll take my chances.

Though as a mod, I'll happily take all of the credit for the bump in activity.

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Lol. Admittedly, I didn't account for you turning the Jags forum into WAYTA for a few days. With that said, our GDT hit 33 pages in a loss to a bad team with Matt Cassel starting at quarterback. Long-term, I'll take my chances.

Though as a mod, I'll happily take all of the credit for the bump in activity.

Well, only reason our forum slowed down so much was because Ipwn stepped away for 3+ weeks. We still had solid activity but when a key poster steps away than the GDT/Discussion overall was obviously going to take a big hit, especially when we only have about 10 or so posters in here.

But yeah, guess whenever you guys get really close/pass us just come in here again and that'll spark activity.

9 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Well, only reason our forum slowed down so much was because Ipwn stepped away for 3+ weeks. We still had solid activity but when a key poster steps away than the GDT/Discussion overall was obviously going to take a big hit, especially when we only have about 10 or so posters in here.

But yeah, guess whenever you guys get really close/pass us just come in here again and that'll spark activity.

Yeah, I know. I'm perfectly fine with you guys being active. At the very least, the total roller coaster that is the 2017 Jaguars provides plenty of topics. Say what you will about Bortles, he will never be as boring as a guy like Cassel lol.

• Like 1