Sam Darnold

Aztec Hammer

3 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

I know it’s fawning a bit (hey I have to keep up appearances after all don’t I) but I thought this was a cool little anecdote.

RoJo apparently ran a 4.4

Well when you think about it. He had been traveling for private visits and was just in Cleveland and flew back but was still there for his guys at 7am, I think it holds a little weight

13 minutes ago, MWil23 said:
15 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

If the Browns don't draft him, this picture will haunt this organization for years.

The helmet signed pic can't be real can it?  I mean, I know in this day and age social media is everywhere but for someone to leave helmets out where (apparently) anyone can see and photograph them is a bit shocking.  This has to be a joke where someone signed some helmets to make people think Sam Darnold signed them and posted them on social media.

Peace!!!

3 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

The helmet signed pic can't be real can it?  I mean, I know in this day and age social media is everywhere but for someone to leave helmets out where (apparently) anyone can see and photograph them is a bit shocking.  This has to be a joke where someone signed some helmets to make people think Sam Darnold signed them and posted them on social media.

Peace!!!

I’m not sure, just posting what I’ve seen online.

Apparently he signed these in Berea yesterday, and the autograph checks out as legit. I also think I read that the only difference is he usually puts his jersey number in there but as he doesn’t know what it would be for the Browns etc etc. There is also a picture of him with some dude which I think is supposed to have been taken yesterday and the other guy is some kind of memorabilia guy.

To be honest, I don’t know. It seems like it could just as easily be made up as it could be true.

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Well when you think about it. He had been traveling for private visits and was just in Cleveland and flew back but was still there for his guys at 7am, I think it holds a little weight

This is the opposite of a "Millennial" who always "Needs to know why"........I want nothing to do with Rosen.....Darnolds actions here...has locked it up for me. There is only Darnold in my mind.... (I still have some Baker Mayfield in my heart though)......

(Not taking any Shots at the younger Browns Brothers in here)

55 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

This is the opposite of a "Millennial" who always "Needs to know why"........I want nothing to do with Rosen.....Darnolds actions here...has locked it up for me. There is only Darnold in my mind.... (I still have some Baker Mayfield in my heart though)......

(Not taking any Shots at the younger Browns Brothers in here)

This whole post is stupid. You are not stupid. But this post is. Don't buy media BS. If you listen to the UCLA players talk about Rosen, you bet he would help them out if they needed it. And the "needs to know why" is just... dumb. Peyton Manning was the ultimate "why" QB. Pestered his OCs and QB coaches for more background info alllllll the time. 

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

This whole post is stupid. You are not stupid. But this post is. Don't buy media BS. If you listen to the UCLA players talk about Rosen, you bet he would help them out if they needed it. And the "needs to know why" is just... dumb. Peyton Manning was the ultimate "why" QB. Pestered his OCs and QB coaches for more background info alllllll the time. 

Yeah the “why” stuff is so over blown that it’s crazy. 

Its not the “milliennal” in him, it’s the deeper thinking that has been pushed in educationthe last 10years or so. It’s not about knowing something, it’s about understanding. 

If I’m a coach and I’m telling my player to do something and they ask why because they want to know the reasoning, to me that is a great/smart player and wants To understand the concept. When they can understand the concept and understand what the coach wants, then they are able to understand more things later on or able to properly adjust on the fly when playing. 

I would rather want a QB who wants to understand what is being asked of him instead of blindly follow the coach. The player can still follow the coach but now understands the ideas/concept so that new knowledge can be expanded on with new or different plays or altered depending on what adjustments the defense makes

18 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:
Would be awesome to have both of them on the Browns.

I should clarify from above: This is a cool thing that Darnold did. He deserves props for it. It's just that other QBs don't deserve to take heat on the unfounded assumption that they wouldn't do the same if asked.

47 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I should clarify from above: This is a cool thing that Darnold did. He deserves props for it. It's just that other QBs don't deserve to take heat on the unfounded assumption that they wouldn't do the same if asked.

yeah it shouldnt be a negative for the other guys. Just a positive for Darnold 

Archived