Knockin' on Valhalla's Door

Klomp

21 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

The notion that there is no longer Left Tackles or Right Tackles...just tackles.

Just look at how the league has evolved. Pass rushers are no longer primarily coming off of the QB’s blind side. Many come off of the right side of the o-line, if not move around. 

The idea that a guy can’t play on the left side as opposed to the right because he’s not athletic enough just doesn’t hold up any more. They all need to be able to hold up because they are very likely going up against the same defenders. 

The biggest difference comes down to a player’s individual comfort level. Are their mechanics better on the left versus the right? Are they more comfortable with one versus the other? Etc. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The biggest difference comes down to a player’s individual comfort level. Are their mechanics better on the left versus the right? Are they more comfortable with one versus the other? Etc. 

And is your QB better able to deal with pressure from his blind side or the front side? Is he more likely to fumble when being hit from behind?

Because if your QB can't deal with pressure from the blind side as well or is more likely to fumble when hit from that side it is still more important to have the better pass protector on that side.

21 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

it is still more important to have the better pass protector on that side.

But now you’re debating a player’s individual ability, not the skill set required for the position. 

Moving Reiff from LT to RT isn’t likely going to make him a better tackle. It’s not like he’s going to struggle with a player like Danielle Hunter at LT, but fair better against Hunter at RT. Sure, the QB may be able to protect himself better against the pressure, but the pressure is still being allowed. 

Edited by SemperFeist

3 minutes ago, RpMc said:

What happened to the days of checking to see if something had been posted before positing??

😂

IKR...

I forget what the topic was the other day, but I had posted it, but then 3 people posted it, each several hours apart in different threads.  xD

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

IKR...

I forget what the topic was the other day, but I had posted it, but then 3 people posted it, each several hours apart in different threads.  xD

The unfortunate death of T-Jack. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Easily his best. 

That was a good one. I also really like watching the one where he trucks William Gay.

Late add:

Guess it was a reception:

Edited by Cearbhall
Late Add - because everything is better with pictures
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

That was a good one. I also really like watching the one where he trucks William Gay.

Late add:

Guess it was a reception:

No one will blame you for the error, it's not like he had that many of those...xD

And he would (or at least should) be flagged for what he did under the current rules.

Edited by swede700

A nonprofit group caught up in an embezzlement scheme in Mississippi used federal welfare money to pay former NFL quarterback Brett Favre $1.1 million for multiple speaking engagements, but Favre did not show up for the events, the state auditor said. Favre tweeted Wednesday that he has "never received monies" for obligations he didn't meet.

Favre: "I was unaware that the money being dispersed was paid out of funds not intended for that purpose, and because of that, I am refunding the full amount back to Mississippi."

Details about payments to Favre are included in an audit of the Mississippi Department of Human Services released Monday. State Auditor Shad White said his employees identified $94 million in questionable spending by the agency, including payments for sports activities with no clear connection to helping needy people in one of the poorest states of the U.S.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/brett-favre-repaying-1-1-m-no-show-speeches-auditor-n1201676

@wcblack34, what went down here...?

Edited by vike daddy