This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

13 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I might be ok with going with Adams, but I certainly don't want to do the deal during this season and limit the options in free agency.  There's enough competition out there, and I don't think Adams is head and shoulders better than most of the guys.

Here's who will be out there:

Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins (both injury risks)

Pryor, Jeffery, Kendall Wright, Decker, Martavis Bryant, Marqise Lee, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Mathews, Jarvis Landry, Larry Fitz, John Brown.

Also options like Jimmy Graham and Tyler Eifert are an interesting alternative for a 2 TE offense.

Cobb isn't really part of the convo in my mind he's just an very overpaid slot who will either be cut or restructured, or moved on from in 2019.

FIFY

24 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I might be ok with going with Adams, but I certainly don't want to do the deal during this season and limit the options in free agency.  There's enough competition out there, and I don't think Adams is head and shoulders better than most of the guys.

Here's who will be out there:

Allen Robinson, Sammy Watkins (both injury risks)

Pryor, Jeffery, Kendall Wright, Decker, Martavis Bryant, Marqise Lee, Donte Moncrief, Jordan Mathews, Jarvis Landry, Larry Fitz, John Brown.

Also options like Jimmy Graham and Tyler Eifert are an interesting alternative for a 2 TE offense.

Cobb isn't really part of the convo in my mind he's just an overpaid slot who will either be cut or restructured, or moved on from in 2019.

Thanks for sharing the list.  

RObinson coming off an ACL and Watkins having (almost) yearly foot injuries.

Decker is 30ish, both Jeffery and Bryant are supsension risks.  Fitz is older than Nelson.

I could see Pryor, Moncrief as options.  JMathews and Landry are more possession #2 types IMO, not potential #1 WR

NFL General....ztoa is a classic.  Here is an example of a Brady throw that just makes him elite.

In case you want to beat your head into a wall.....here is the thread

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/1452-will-aaron-rodgers-throw-400-td-before-100-int/?page=9&tab=comments#comment-108917

Brady's first play in SB at 6:40.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=400s&v=5HTJQE2BLBo

Watch Brady's eyes and how Rams defenders moved, and the timing Brady turned his head and threw the ball.

And another....

@2:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ag4sW6LZ2o&t=148s

The pass to James White. Watch Falcons #58 and #45. exactly when #58 moved to cover deep, Brady threw the ball to James White. A little earlier, #58 would be able to tackle James White; a little later, #45 would be able to tackle James White. Either way, there would be no first down.

It is all about timing.

14 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This. Not afraid of cook or any RB being a thorn in our side for any length of time. RBs have short effective careers and I'm not afraid of anything but another great QB and/or an elite defensive unit as long as we have Rodgers

in a vacuum yes.  The issue is the Vikings appear to have... an above average qb, a very good if not great defense (but not quite elite), and a very good RB.  So I think they are a threat by the sum of the parts there.

Even so, our D was at least as promising as that cook/OL/Bradford performance.  NO is still chopped liver on D.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

in a vacuum yes.  The issue is the Vikings appear to have... an above average qb, a very good if not great defense (but not quite elite), and a very good RB.  So I think they are a threat by the sum of the parts there.

Even so, our D was at least as promising as that cook/OL/Bradford performance.  NO is still chopped liver on D.

Cook isn't going to be the thorn. Bradford (if he is any good) and their defense will be. A RB  hasnt consistently bested us since...the 80s maybe?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Bradford is who he is at this point. It's not like he's gotten better at age 30. The Saints D sucks. On the road in Pitt will tell me more about them than last nights game did.

He looked really confident. But like you said... Easy to be confident against that

18 minutes ago, NormSizedMidget said:

He looked really confident. But like you said... Easy to be confident against that

Yeah looked up some Saints stuff from last year, dead last in yardage, second worst in points given up. Sixth WORST in sacks, so 26 teams got more sacks than the Saints.

Again Bradford looked very good, altough a few were to wide open guys. Diggs looked insanely good. And their new oline looked good too, but yeah its week one. I mean heck that logic would mean we got a top five D for Rodgers every week!! Championship!