This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

I try to maintain realistic expectations for the #DaBears every year. I’m always optimistic, but I try to be realistic too. With that in mind, the Bears will win 11+ games this year. A maturing QB. Upgraded OL and WR group. Upgrades at LB and CB. Depth and upside along DL. Get ready. This Bears team is different. And the W/L record will reflect it.

Bears fans are so sweet and innocent.

Just now, Rainmaker90 said:

and that’s why they’ll always be The Chicago Bears. 

im a ND fan , and Cole Kmet is JAG 

And I’d be remiss as a Packer fan not to point out that our first round pick is pass rushing his sister. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Yeah.  That's a TON of coin for an average TE.

I don’t understand how people are high on what Chicago is doing. There’s nowhere to go but up , but trading pick 32 for Claypool, re-signing Kmet like this, paying big money to TWO off-ball LBs??? I’m not impressed in the slightest.

50 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

and that’s why they’ll always be The Chicago Bears. 

im a ND fan , and Cole Kmet is JAG 

Yeah, it's an overpay.

If you look at Tonyan's stats from 2021 and 2023 (excluding his injury season), they compare very similarly to Kmet's last two season (which were his best).

Only the compensation between the two is very, very different.  Course Kmet didn't have the shredded knee.

32 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t understand how people are high on what Chicago is doing. There’s nowhere to go but up , but trading pick 32 for Claypool, re-signing Kmet like this, paying big money to TWO off-ball LBs??? I’m not impressed in the slightest.

I would have given our second round pick for Claypool, it wouldn't have been 32, but I would have done it.  And it would have been a large mistake.  Huge.  It's even worse for pick 32.

I don't get spending big on ILB's, either.  But they had money to burn.  I wouldn't do it, I will disagree with it.  But to me that isn't as large a mistake as Claypool.

Kmet?  It's an overpay no matter how you look at it.  I don't care much either way, because they had money to burn.

Another mistake, I believe, was the trade down.  They bypassed an elite talent... at pass rusher, for quantity.  Their OT is risky because of how he is and how he really turned it on last year.  It is not a slam dunk of a pick.  I guess we will see how that haul after trading down compares to Will Anderson Jr over time.

36 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Curious where the pass rush is going to come from in Chicago? Also, not at all sold on Fields as the  guy. 

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I would have given our second round pick for Claypool, it wouldn't have been 32, but I would have done it.  And it would have been a large mistake.  Huge.  It's even worse for pick 32.

I don't get spending big on ILB's, either.  But they had money to burn.  I wouldn't do it, I will disagree with it.  But to me that isn't as large a mistake as Claypool.

Kmet?  It's an overpay no matter how you look at it.  I don't care much either way, because they had money to burn.

Another mistake, I believe, was the trade down.  They bypassed an elite talent... at pass rusher, for quantity.  Their OT is risky because of how he is and how he really turned it on last year.  It is not a slam dunk of a pick.  I guess we will see how that haul after trading down compares to Will Anderson Jr over time.

It could have turned into the steal of the century had they stayed put and picked Carter at 9. He was the best player in the draft. Instead, they dropped one pick to grab a RT who might turn into a bust. Not as in a HOF bust either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I guess the LBs aren’t a huge deal. If things go well and they’re ready to compete in like 2 years they can maneuver around it. Not like they have many players to pay. 

That’s interesting. I’m ok with the trade. They needed to get Fields help with Moore. They got an extra 1st and an extra 2nd. I’m fine with it. 

9 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Curious where the pass rush is going to come from in Chicago? Also, not at all sold on Fields as the  guy. 

Ya, idt Chicago improved as much as they should have. I’m not sold on Fields by any means, but I’m trusting the kid and his pedigree. 

8 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Ya, idt Chicago improved as much as they should have. I’m not sold on Fields by any means, but I’m trusting the kid and his pedigree. 

I feel like this.  Fields ceiling now is not as good as it would have been had they sat him for a year and let him play with a better OL.

I feel like he's shell shocked and looking to run first.  He was never able to learn how to go through a progression.