This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

They handled it right unfortunately

Not really. They’ll eat the 5.1 mil, which was going to happen, but they didn’t get anything for him in a trade. That was what I was hoping for.

We’ll be at that table with AJ33 soon enough but not this year. 

13 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Justin Jones' criticism of our fanbase is lowkey hysterical.

I'm going to echo the same sentiments of Mike Ditka during the 80's towards our fanbase.  He quoted if they don't like it maybe they should try beating us every once in a while.

Edited by St Vince

11 hours ago, Refugee said:

Not really. They’ll eat the 5.1 mil, which was going to happen, but they didn’t get anything for him in a trade. That was what I was hoping for.

We’ll be at that table with AJ33 soon enough but not this year. 

Jones has a 17.7 million dollar cap hit next season, then some void years that we are paying.  The void years aren't so bad.  I think the best bet is to probably just eat this contract and let him hit FA after 2024.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-jones-21924/

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Jones has a 17.7 million dollar cap hit next season, then some void years that we are paying.  The void years aren't so bad.  I think the best bet is to probably just eat this contract and let him hit FA after 2024.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/aaron-jones-21924/

We’ll see how it goes down. He’s been happy to “help” the team by kicking the can down the road. We will need his leadership and ability while we make this transition but a strictly business GM probably would have someone lined up to replace him before the second contract and definitely before the extension. I’m happy he’s here but eventually you need to play the market and right now is as much of a buyer’s market for RBs as we’ll ever see. If we keep him next year, it probably won’t be the greatest value but we will have an entire WR corps on rookie deals.  

Edited by Refugee

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

🤣🤣🤣

I’m really baffled at the Chicago love. I believe in Fields and Moore is fine , but everything else is just uninspiring to me 

It is hard not to praise them this offseason, because they are getting better.  There wasn't a whole lot of room to get worse, but the arrow is still pointing up.  They will probably still be bad, but they did all of the right things, IMO, to start climbing out of the hole that they were in.  

Just look at their draft.  They got what should be a very good OL in the first, bolstered their DL and secondary, and got what should be their starting RB in the 4th round, and one of the slew of 5'11 185 WRs from this class.  And we know that maybe 5 years ago, the Bears would have taken Bijan Robinson with the number one pick, rather, they traded down to get some more value.  

This doesn't make them any kind of contender.  To not finish last, Jordan Love will have to stink on ice, Kirk Cousins would have to get injured early, or Dan Campbell's "rah rah" wore off sooner than expected.  But there is no harm in admitting that a bad team got better.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It is hard not to praise them this offseason, because they are getting better.  There wasn't a whole lot of room to get worse, but the arrow is still pointing up.  They will probably still be bad, but they did all of the right things, IMO, to start climbing out of the hole that they were in.  

Just look at their draft.  They got what should be a very good OL in the first, bolstered their DL and secondary, and got what should be their starting RB in the 4th round, and one of the slew of 5'11 185 WRs from this class.  And we know that maybe 5 years ago, the Bears would have taken Bijan Robinson with the number one pick, rather, they traded down to get some more value.  

This doesn't make them any kind of contender.  To not finish last, Jordan Love will have to stink on ice, Kirk Cousins would have to get injured early, or Dan Campbell's "rah rah" wore off sooner than expected.  But there is no harm in admitting that a bad team got better.  

Sure , they’re better than last year . I’m just not fawning over their off-season. They’re also the team who spent a 1 for Chase Claypool less than a year ago

5 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Sure , they’re better than last year . I’m just not fawning over their off-season. They’re also the team who spent a 1 for Chase Claypool less than a year ago

A second round pick but it was #32. Very glad we didn’t pay up for him and that it seems like they are looking to cut their losses with Claypool sooner than later. 

On 6/16/2023 at 7:37 PM, St Vince said:

Hard for any WR to be motivated when your QB is really a RB.

WR careers are WILD in the NFL. Never has it been clearer that surrounding cast matters most when judging them. Part of the reason I sympathize with ones that aren't been used to their best ability. Its costing them big dollars. They can quickly become overpaid and out of a job if their role is changed.

Still... He's a professional. Be a professional.

14 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

For all the grief Fields takes from GB fans, it's worth noting that the Athletic has him going off the board at #3 overall in their recent 2021 re-draft article.

Thanks for the info .. will never read an Athletic article .. ever.  

On 6/18/2023 at 4:16 PM, Mazrimiv said:

For all the grief Fields takes from GB fans, it's worth noting that the Athletic has him going off the board at #3 overall in their recent 2021 re-draft article.

He is what everyone assumes a healthy Lamar Jackson is. Without his rushing ability the dude is one of the worse QBs in the NFL. He is a great RB cosplaying as a QB and who even knows if he would be a great RB after all defenses mostly care about stopping the pass at the NFL level in regards to QBs. 

Completion %: 31st - Dudes up there with the greats of last year like Mayfield, and both Wilsons. 

INT %: 32nd - Man they should really let him throw the ball more because he throws more interceptions then Wentz, Wilson, and the corpse of Matt Ryan. 

Sack %: 33rd - So he throws alot of interceptions per pass attempt? That must mean he is getting rid of the ball and avoiding killing drives with sacks right? Nope he is DEAD LAST in sacks per pass attempt. 

ANY/A: 33rd - So now lets take a look of some conglomeration of advanced stats and lets start with one that isn't really advanced but a good indication of a QBs ability to score points in the passing game. With no surprise Justin Fields is DEAD LAST. 

Drop %: 22nd - But Spartcaus you say he had one of the worse WR groups in the NFL so they must be pretty horrible at catching Justin Fields very catchable passes. Well the WRs drop % is lower then Rodgers, Lawrence, Allens, Mahomes, Goff and well 21 QBS had a larger drop % due to their WRs....

On Tgt %:29th - Surely Spartacus the WRs must be the biggest issue keeping Fields from being a game changer right? Well when passing the ball Fields ranks 29th on target throws to his WRs. That puts him behind Wentz, Carr, Pickett, and Tannehill. 

DVOA - 33rd - But Spartacus you say after all of those stats Justin Fields just had to deal with playing juggernauts while not having any talent around him. Well DVOA says otherwise. He was DEAD LAST placing behind the likes of Zach Wilson in DVOA. 

So what does Justin Fields do well? 

Rushing Yards: 1st - He is an oustanding RB leading all QBs in rushing yards. 

Rushing Yards/A 1st - He also leads all players in rushing yards per attempt which is great. 

Fumble % - 33rd - He also fumbles more then any other player in the NFL which is awesome! O wait... Nevermind. 

In conclusion, Fields is one of the least accurate QBs in the NFL unless he is throwing to the other team then he is the best. He takes a crazy amount of sacks for being as elusive as he is as well fumbling the ball on those snaps more then any other QB. Even when accounting for the opponent and team talent through DVOA he is by far the worse rated QB of last year. You know what though he run good so that is great for a player whos most important duty is throwing the ball...

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 4