This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Do you think it would be a clash to get a QB at 1 and hang on to Fields for a season? I honestly don't pay close enough attention to Justin Fields to know how he would respond.

I can't imagine that a former FRP QB that was the starting QB as long as he was healthy being "okay" with his replacement on the roster.  It's the Trey Lance situation all over again.

38 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I can't imagine that a former FRP QB that was the starting QB as long as he was healthy being "okay" with his replacement on the roster.  It's the Trey Lance situation all over again.

Jimmy G wasn't a FRP. He wasn't the 49ers pick at all. Jimmy G actually got the 49ers to the NFC Championship game. Fields hasn't done squat and better accept any opportunity he has as bad as he's been. 

4 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Jimmy G wasn't a FRP. He wasn't the 49ers pick at all. Jimmy G actually got the 49ers to the NFC Championship game. Fields hasn't done squat and better accept any opportunity he has as bad as he's been. 

I was talking more about the Purdy/Lance relationship.  Once Purdy established himself as the 49ers' preferred starting QB, Lance's days in San Francisco were numbered.  Once the Bears select Caleb Williams (in this scenario), Justin Fields' days in Chicago are numbered.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I was talking more about the Purdy/Lance relationship.  Once Purdy established himself as the 49ers' preferred starting QB, Lance's days in San Francisco were numbered.  Once the Bears select Caleb Williams (in this scenario), Justin Fields' days in Chicago are numbered.

Yeah, I think Lance's days were numbered because he's not any good. I get where you were coming from now though. 

At the beginning of the season  I had wanted the Bears to go 0-17.

Instead, they enter the final week of play still on contention albeit with a losing record.

I hope the Bears go 0-17 next season.

7 hours ago, pf9 said:

At the beginning of the season  I had wanted the Bears to go 0-17.

Instead, they enter the final week of play still on contention albeit with a losing record.

I hope the Bears go 0-17 next season.

Contention for what? I thought they were eliminated from the playoff chase when the Packers and Vikings game didn’t end in a tie?

2 minutes ago, TheEagle said:

Contention for what? I thought they were eliminated from the playoff chase when the Packers and Vikings game didn’t end in a tie?

They are eliminated. Nothing to play for besides to end Packers season, like last year's Lions

• Like 1

If the Packers can get some of the "walking wounded" back for the Bears game, that would be huge.  Watson, Wicks, Musgrave plus Alexander (not sure that's good) would be a nice plus for Love.  Another total team effort including Barry doing what he should have been doing all year .. being aggressive, it bodes well for the Packers.  This game will be the Bears super bowl and don't think they won't pull out every trick in the book.  If the Packers lose this game which they could if they don't bring their best, it would be a disappointment considering how far they have come to get there.  Nobody expected this to be a relevant game at year's end .. WIN the frickin game! 

20 hours ago, pf9 said:

You're right I did not check clear enough.

Here's hoping for 0-17 next year for the Bears.

I know it's in Packer blood to hate the Bears, however imo the best thing for the Packers is for the Bears , Vikes and Lions to be good, and push us to be better.

11 minutes ago, turf toe said:

I know it's in Packer blood to hate the Bears, however imo the best thing for the Packers is for the Bears , Vikes and Lions to be good, and push us to be better.

Nah I'll take the free runs at the playoffs every year like Brady had.

8 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

Nah I'll take the free runs at the playoffs every year like Brady had.

Seriously. I'm sure NE fretted a great deal about the sad state of the AFCE.....

"Gee....I wish everybody would get their act in gear. Getting home field throughout the playoffs is holding us back"

• Like 1