This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

On 1/15/2024 at 5:32 PM, Rainmaker90 said:

He deserved a lot of credit for Rodgers’ resurgence . I’m glad he’s getting it now. 

At the beginning of the year, I wasn’t sure he was a ‘difference maker’ coach.

He is. In fact, I’d say there’s not too many I’d have over him. 

It was a lot like McCarthy coming in with Favre.  Shake up the room a little bit and refocus the super talented star that was really comfortable.  I think that the Chiefs should do the same with Mahomes, I don't believe that his pass catchers are the sole problem there.  Does that mean Reid? Probably not, but a new voice in the room probably fixes a lot of their struggles.

I like MLF.  I do think there are some things that he still needs work on.  I don't think he always puts his RBs in great situations.   I think he calls plays for Aaron Jones, even when we don't have Aaron Jones on the field.  So you have players like AJ Dillon, Patrick Taylor, and Emmanuel Wilson playing against their true strengths as runners.  I also think he gets a little too cute with some of the end around stuff.  

I do think that most of his clock management issues went away with Rodgers.  We have seen far fewer timeouts on 3rd and 10 this season.  While everyone screws up in that facet sometimes, MLF is better than quite a few of his peers.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It was a lot like McCarthy coming in with Favre.  Shake up the room a little bit and refocus the super talented star that was really comfortable.  I think that the Chiefs should do the same with Mahomes, I don't believe that his pass catchers are the sole problem there.  Does that mean Reid? Probably not, but a new voice in the room probably fixes a lot of their struggles.

I like MLF.  I do think there are some things that he still needs work on.  I don't think he always puts his RBs in great situations.   I think he calls plays for Aaron Jones, even when we don't have Aaron Jones on the field.  So you have players like AJ Dillon, Patrick Taylor, and Emmanuel Wilson playing against their true strengths as runners.  I also think he gets a little too cute with some of the end around stuff.  

I do think that most of his clock management issues went away with Rodgers.  We have seen far fewer timeouts on 3rd and 10 this season.  While everyone screws up in that facet sometimes, MLF is better than quite a few of his peers.  

Mac deserves the world of credit for Favre and Rodgers. History is going to be very good to him. 

Sometimes you do need a change of voice. It was the right move getting rid of Reid in Philly and it was right for us to get of Mac when we did.

I think KC had a variety of problems.

Kelce isn't Kielce anymore ( I don't know how good he is anymore. I haven't seen much, and last week he was awful)

It took Rice some time to get it.

The rest of the pass catchers are dogs***. Maybe James can be ok. MVS and Toney are terrible

Their tackles are very bad. 

It's always a mix of playing within a system and letting your superstar do what he does.

MLF isn't perfect, but no coach is. The way he develops players and his play designs/calls makes him a difference maker in my eyes.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2024 at 11:57 AM, Rainmaker90 said:

Mac deserves the world of credit for Favre and Rodgers. History is going to be very good to him. 

Sometimes you do need a change of voice. It was the right move getting rid of Reid in Philly and it was right for us to get of Mac when we did.

I think KC had a variety of problems.

Kelce isn't Kielce anymore ( I don't know how good he is anymore. I haven't seen much, and last week he was awful)

It took Rice some time to get it.

The rest of the pass catchers are dogs***. Maybe James can be ok. MVS and Toney are terrible

Their tackles are very bad. 

It's always a mix of playing within a system and letting your superstar do what he does.

MLF isn't perfect, but no coach is. The way he develops players and his play designs/calls makes him a difference maker in my eyes.

I think Kelce is likely in decline. His YPR in 2023 was the worst of his career, down 2-3 yards. Still very good, but not in a class of his own. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think Kelce is likely in decline. His YPR in 2023 was the worst of his career, down 2-3 yards. Still very good, but not in a class of his own. 

He is 34, with the worst supporting crew he's about ever had. 

For sure Mahomes is in his post 2014 Rodgers era. Be interesting how the Chiefs rally, if they're any better than we were. 

18 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Swift is Kelce's version of Shailene Woodley.  It's all bleached butt-holes and ayahuasca from here.

Next year, not only do we need to take back the division, but the non-division opponents of our rivals need to ensure none of them make the playoffs. Would be nice to see the Lions revert to double-digit losses next year, but still above Chicago which I want to go 0-17.

10 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

What kind of copium are they cooking down in Chicago, because it is stronger than literally anywhere else 

I just want to know what they think Fields is going to be.  Say they make the perfect OC hire.  What is his ceiling at this point? Kaepernick's good season?  Rookie RG3?

Isn't the Bears line pretty good at this point? And aren't their WRs reasonably good?  What are they seeing?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just want to know what they think Fields is going to be.  Say they make the perfect OC hire.  What is his ceiling at this point? Kaepernick's good season?  Rookie RG3?

Isn't the Bears line pretty good at this point? And aren't their WRs reasonably good?  What are they seeing?

They’re watching Lamar and the Ravens steamroll teams right now and have delusions or grandeur. The trouble is that is a product of years of consistency and a Coach/OC who have understood how to roll with the limitations and get to this point. I do think the Ravens are in position to go all the way but the Bears and Eberflus won’t have that kind of timeline. They are about to get a huge infusion of high round draft picks so I think they can get better quickly but any misstep means they’ll want a new regime because this one is on borrowed time. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Yeah, how many top 5, WR1s do they think they should have to throw at a RB, excuse me, QB, before he can play well?

They’re just delusional because they went all in on calling him the King in the North post-Rodgers and they feel foolish. 

When it doesn’t work out, they will scapegoat the OC again, saying that they always knew he was trash. 

Lions, NFC Championship Game.

Packers...lost by 3 to the 49ers in the Divisional Playoff Round.

Bears.  Own the first overall pick in the draft and and 9'th overall pick.  Two picks in the top 10.

Vikings.  Missed the playoffs.  Starting QB and star EDGE rusher are without contracts.   

Never underestimate the Bears ability to screw this up, but in terms of our division...the Vikes are in a really tough spot.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Bears fans are also completely delusional. They hired a guy who just ran an offense for a statue of a quarterback in Smith. 

The Bears are hiring this guy for the next quarterback, and this would pretty much seal Fields to Atlanta. I'm just praying they fall in love with Drake Maye the way they did Trubisky. 

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Lions, NFC Championship Game.

Packers...lost by 3 to the 49ers in the Divisional Playoff Round.

Bears.  Own the first overall pick in the draft and and 9'th overall pick.  Two picks in the top 10.

Vikings.  Missed the playoffs.  Starting QB and star EDGE rusher are without contracts.   

Never underestimate the Bears ability to screw this up, but in terms of our division...the Vikes are in a really tough spot.

Indeed they are. Let's not forget the diva #1 WR they have who will more than likely not care to stick around should their QB move onto another team and they go into a bit of a rebuild mode. 

And it'll be interesting to watch what happens with the Lions as well. They've got a great team but will no longer have the luxury of picking in the top half of the draft, and could see both their OC and DC move onto head coaching positions this offseason. My money's on them losing their OC at minimum.