This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It’s going to suck when Chicago drafts Williams and Rome. 

Nothing Poles has done has suggested he's going to use that #9 pick on an offensive player.  Even after trading up for Justin Fields, they've had had 6 other picks in the first 64 picks and only 2 were used on offensive players.  I'd put good amount of money on that #9 pick being used on an EDGE if they take Caleb Williams.

35 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Nothing Poles has done has suggested he's going to use that #9 pick on an offensive player.  Even after trading up for Justin Fields, they've had had 6 other picks in the first 64 picks and only 2 were used on offensive players.  I'd put good amount of money on that #9 pick being used on an EDGE if they take Caleb Williams.

They brought in DJ Moore a significant investment 

Drafted a LT in round 1 last year 

They’re drafting a generational talent QB

They’re going to give him all the tools to succeed. 

There’s really no ‘if’ they’re taking Caleb Williams. 

If one of the WRs are there at 9, they’re going to take him.

EDIT: this is obviously assuming Chicago doesn’t invest in a significant WR in FA. If they get like Mike Evans they’re obviously not likely to get a WR in round 1

Edited by Rainmaker90

5 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

If CHI is actually considering WR at #9, I could see them trading back since they don't pick again until RD3 (75).  If they traded back to something like pick 20, they'd still have access to several excellent WR prospects, and should have added at least an RD2 pick in the process.  If I was a (barf) Bears fan, that's what I would be hoping for.

6 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Considering their penchant for collecting TEs, watch them draft Bowers at 9. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

If CHI is actually considering WR at #9, I could see them trading back since they don't pick again until RD3 (75)

I expect part of the trade compensation for Justin Fields will involve recouping a 2nd round pick.  But there's a real chance the Bears will just take Verse or Turner at 9 to have bookend pass rushers, since those are harder to find than wide receivers.

Edited by PossibleCabbage

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

If CHI is actually considering WR at #9, I could see them trading back since they don't pick again until RD3 (75).  If they traded back to something like pick 20, they'd still have access to several excellent WR prospects, and should have added at least an RD2 pick in the process.  If I was a (barf) Bears fan, that's what I would be hoping for.

I just think they’re going to do everything possible to make sure Williams hits. Rome is a blue chip prospect and I can’t see them passing up on him . 

59 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Considering their penchant for collecting TEs, watch them draft Bowers at 9. 

That would be hilarious!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I expect part of the trade compensation for Justin Fields will involve recouping a 2nd round pick.  But there's a real chance the Bears will just take Verse or Turner at 9 to have bookend pass rushers, since those are harder to find than wide receivers.

Hah.  I totally forgot about Fields.  RD2 sounds about right.  I agree that CHI going defense at #9 seems more likely than WR.

55 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I just think they’re going to do everything possible to make sure Williams hits. Rome is a blue chip prospect and I can’t see them passing up on him . 

I think that is what their fans would want, but I don’t think that’s the move the GM will make. It’s not what’s best for the team. Then again, Bears GMs have a well-worn history of failure in doing what’s best for the team. 

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He's traded a #32 pick for a WR and he's asked for a WR in return for a 1.1 pick. If anything, we have proof that he'll invest in WR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

If Odunze falls into their laps, there is absolutely no reasaon to trade down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isherwood said:

I think that is what their fans would want, but I don’t think that’s the move the GM will make. It’s not what’s best for the team. Then again, Bears GMs have a well-worn history of failure in doing what’s best for the team. 

I think it’s a great decision to protect your investment. I generally am not a WR in round 1 but with Chicago’s situation I think it’s a smart decision. 

9 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Am I the only one who really couldn't be less interested in what the Bears do? There's just this overwhelming sense of "who cares, it won't work out for them anyway" in my mind with that organization. 

Pretty much. If they ever actually try and get really serious about a good OL, I might pay attention. Until then it's just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Am I the only one who really couldn't be less interested in what the Bears do? There's just this overwhelming sense of "who cares, it won't work out for them anyway" in my mind with that organization. 

lol yes. Although it probably will eventually like it did for the Lions to a certain extent. Doubt it will be under their current leadership though. 

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 1