This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't think the Broncos or Raiders games hurt Barry at all.  It was the Giants and Bucs that sealed his fate.  

I think the CAR game was the final nail.  Even then, if GB stops SF rather than giving up the Q4 TD, I think Barry keeps his job.

2 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I think the CAR game was the final nail.  Even then, if GB stops SF rather than giving up the Q4 TD, I think Barry keeps his job.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

This is sadly true! 

I disagree with you guys.  I think LaFleur was just not going to fire him in season.  It would have been interesting though.  Because if they stop the 9ers, and beat the Lions, Barry's Packers gave Mahomes fits both times they have played him.  

16 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I disagree with you guys.  I think LaFleur was just not going to fire him in season.  It would have been interesting though.  Because if they stop the 9ers, and beat the Lions, Barry's Packers gave Mahomes fits both times they have played him.  

Barry's schemes should slow down a good passing offense. His problem seemed to be not taking lesser QB's seriously enough, which too often resulted in bad QB's carving up the GB defense. 

Barry was his own worst enemy with how far back the DB's would align.  The situational awareness was just so bad sometimes. As much as anything, I want to see where Hafley has the CB's line up on 3rd and 3.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Barry's schemes should slow down a good passing offense. His problem seemed to be not taking lesser QB's seriously enough, which too often resulted in bad QB's carving up the GB defense. 

Barry was his own worst enemy with how far back the DB's would align.  The situational awareness was just so bad sometimes. As much as anything, I want to see where Hafley has the CB's line up on 3rd and 3.

I guess I saw it differently, that he took bad QB's too seriously thinking they could torch his defense, So he let them dink and dunk with easy throws instead of challenging them.

12 hours ago, dafreak said:

one more strike and then your career is over buddy....

For speeding and an alcohol situation? 

The kid definitely needs to grow up, but I don't think his career will be over with another speeding ticket. 

Edited by Old Guy

26 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

For speeding and an alcohol situation and speeding? 

The kid definitely needs to grow up, but I don't think his career will be over with another speeding ticket. 

Well with a reckless and a dui if he gets another speeding ticket there will also be driving without a license lol. But yeah he's not getting cut for these types of violations. Gonna have to be something closer to the rashee/ruggs situation where someone gets hurt

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

For speeding and an alcohol situation and speeding? 

140mph in a 55mph... 85mph over is a little more than just "speeding"

33 minutes ago, spilltray said:

140mph in a 55mph... 85mph over is a little more than just "speeding"

Yes, it would be classified as reckless driving. Still not in danger of losing his opportunity in the NFL. 

I'm not condoning what he did, I just don't live in an alternate universe as to how much leeway very good players get from teams in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:

Well with a reckless and a dui if he gets another speeding ticket there will also be driving without a license lol. But yeah he's not getting cut for these types of violations. Gonna have to be something closer to the rashee/ruggs situation where someone gets hurt

From what I see nothing has happened to Rasheee. It may be early in the process also.

Let's also hope/pray this doesn't happen.