This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think it would be a monumentally poor decision to fire Kevin O'Connell

The only way it plausibly happens is if he unarguably loses the locker room or if he robs a bank or runs over a toddler or something like that.  Like if the go 2-15 because Sam Darnold breaks his collarbone in week 3 but they play hard and are competitive, KOC is fine.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2024 at 2:28 PM, OneTwoSixFive said:

The self-proclaimed title 'Americas Team' is an accolade that should be shunned - by all teams. It's just a disruptive meme and essentially meaningless.

By my count, there are 4 teams with a legit national footprint - Dallas, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and Las Vegas. 

All the rest, if they go national, it's just frontrunners jumping on the bandwagon (see "England, New") 

11 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

By my count, there are 4 teams with a legit national footprint - Dallas, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, and Las Vegas. 

All the rest, if they go national, it's just frontrunners jumping on the bandwagon (see "England, New") 

San fran does too IMO

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 1:09 PM, HokieHigh said:

Which is insane because that roster is actually super nice if they could stay healthy

Really? The GM is on a hot seat, little draft capital moving forward and other than Jefferson their roster is the bottom of the NFC North.

Their Coach is safe for now.

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

Hockenson will open the season on PUP and miss at least the first 4 games.  Not that they were primed for a big run, but it's been a tough start to the year for MIN.

They have had it rough on the injury front. 

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Hockenson will open the season on PUP and miss at least the first 4 games.  Not that they were primed for a big run, but it's been a tough start to the year for MIN.

They also cut their first round safety from 2 years ago.  I don't think they want to say it out loud, but this will be a tear down year with the hopes of killing the draft next year for a quick rebuild.