This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Welcome!  Yeah, as we saw them against the Packers, their OL is one of the worst in the league.  Clearly it's their Achilles heal, and could easily cost them a playoff berth if they continue to play poorly.

Thanks for the welcome! And yeah, it's still shocking to see the state of their OL when you think back to how dominant it was in those two Super Bowl seasons. Still have a top 5 D though, so at the least barring injuries, they will likely be a playoff team. Certainly don't seem nearly as "scary" as they were a few years ago even with the defense though. 

Hoping the Colts can pull off the miracle. A 1-3 start for Seattle would put their playoff chances nearly on life support, especially when you look at the NFC West and the Rams actually look pretty decent so far. 

6 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

Thanks for the welcome! And yeah, it's still shocking to see the state of their OL when you think back to how dominant it was in those two Super Bowl seasons. Still have a top 5 D though, so at the least barring injuries, they will likely be a playoff team. Certainly don't seem nearly as "scary" as they were a few years ago even with the defense though. 

Hoping the Colts can pull off the miracle. A 1-3 start for Seattle would put their playoff chances nearly on life support, especially when you look at the NFC West and the Rams actually look pretty decent so far. 

yeah what the heck? Are the Rams legit, or are they just playing cupcakes?

6 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

Even then I wouldn't have called their OL dominant. They were very good run blocking but were pretty shoddy in pass protection. Sure they were better than they are now, but it wouldn't take much to say that.

Let Seattle make the playoffs. It really doesn't matter with that OL.

Rams have played Colts, Washington, Niners and Cowboys. Main thing with them is their offense has looked really good, whereas it looked like garbage for pretty much all of Fishers tenure there. McVay has done a great job so far. 

And wow at the Colts leading nearing halftime. Keep it up!

2 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Even then I wouldn't have called their OL dominant. They were very good run blocking but were pretty shoddy in pass protection. Sure they were better than they are now, but it wouldn't take much to say that.

Let Seattle make the playoffs. It really doesn't matter with that OL.

Should have clarified when I said dominant, I was talking about their run blocking. Now outside of the occasional burst for a decent gain, they don't seem to get the kind of push they used to get and it's crazy to watch. Not exactly complaining as a Packer fan though! 

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I feel incredibly conflicted.  I've got Seattle in @Woz's survivor league, but seeing Seattle's playoff chances go on life support is almost too much to pass on.

Agreed. That was an impressive half from Brissett in a tough place to play. 

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I feel incredibly conflicted.  I've got Seattle in @Woz's survivor league, but seeing Seattle's playoff chances go on life support is almost too much to pass on.

Hard to win many games when you have zero offense. Seattle's defense is still good but not dominant to the point where they can win the game without help. Right now, Seattle's offense is a bottom 5 unit.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

They just beat Dallas in Dallas. That's not easy.

Rodgers should hopefully feast on their defense next week. Would be nice to get Bakh/Bulaga back so Bennett can finally get going. If any game can get him in rhythm with Rodgers, I'd certainly like to think next Sunday will be that game. 

3 minutes ago, WaitWhat said:

Should have clarified when I said dominant, I was talking about their run blocking. Now outside of the occasional burst for a decent gain, they don't seem to get the kind of push they used to get and it's crazy to watch. Not exactly complaining as a Packer fan though! 

I figured you did, but I wanted to clarify because their OL was never really good, all around. At least at one point they had a "strength" though.

They've failed massively on a good number of high draft picks and then traded the one good OL they had for Jimmy Graham. It's been a real sore spot and they just keep failing to make it better.

1st round - 6th - Russell Okung - OT - Oklahoma State

1st round - 25th - James Carpenter - OT - Alabama

3rd round - 11th - John Moffit - G - Wisconsin

none

7th round - 14th - Ryan Scott - G - Vanderbilt

2nd round - 32nd - Justin Britt - OT - Missouri

6th round - 23rd - Garrett Scott - OT - Marshall

4th round - 35th - Mark Glowinski  - G - W. Virginia

1st round - 31st - Germain Ifedi - OT - Texas A&M

3rd round - 35th - Rees Odhiambo - G - Boisie St

6th round - 40th - Joey Hunt - C -TCU

2nd round - 26th - Ethan Pocic - C - LSU

6th round - 26th - David Moore - OT - Mississippi

This is a list of the OL drafted by Seattle since Schneider was hired. Okung is the only good pick on this list and A- It's harder to screw up that high of a pick, plus B- He's not still around anyway. It's been one of the obvious weak spots of the Seahawks this whole time, but they've utterly failed to address the issue.