This Is Rival Talk v1.0

CWood21

17 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Some of alex smith's passing TDs are shovel passes.  This is the same old smith in a better, shinier car.  He's always been a fine player but the NFL should not reward above average play with an MVP award, and I don't expect them to.

Holy **** you are on fire today.

18 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Some of alex smith's passing TDs are shovel passes.  This is the same old smith in a better, shinier car.  He's always been a fine player but the NFL should not reward above average play with an MVP award, and I don't expect them to.

He's going downfield a lot more this year.  Sure there are shovel passes, that's scheme scoring points.  I don't hold that against him.  

The game the other night...they did a little chart about downfield passing and it is waaaayyyy obvious that he's pushing the ball downfield this year compared to his entire KC career.  And he's finding success.  

He'd be my MVP right now.  But...it is really early.  I expect Brady to be the MVP by the end of the year.  Wentz may be in the conversation, too, but I think he's too young and needs to do it for another year.  

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

He's going downfield a lot more this year.  Sure there are shovel passes, that's scheme scoring points.  I don't hold that against him.  

The game the other night...they did a little chart about downfield passing and it is waaaayyyy obvious that he's pushing the ball downfield this year compared to his entire KC career.  And he's finding success.  

He'd be my MVP right now.  But...it is really early.  I expect Brady to be the MVP by the end of the year.  Wentz may be in the conversation, too, but I think he's too young and needs to do it for another year.  

That's a bit outdated... but still.

I'd like to know how he got his stats and where that compares to others.  I've seen my share of KC games and I don't see the dink and dunk guy anymore.  He's hitting some nice seam stuff in the middle of the field before the safeties come over.  And KC has a ton of explosive offensive plays.

I won't ding Smith for hitting a post to Hill that goes for 60 because the ball only traveled 7-11 yards.

I won't ding him for finding Kelce 6 yards downfield and he breaks a tackle or two to get a big play.  That stuff happens when you put great players in a position to make plays.

Doesn't always have to be bombs.

Just thinking out loud here....outside of the Allison bomb that was a free play, when is the last time GB hit a big play downfield when the ball is in the air a while?

• Like 1

If Detroit loses to Pittsburgh and Chicago loses in New Orleans they will be sitting at 3-4 and 3-5. Minnesota will go to 6-2 after beating Cleveland, but look at Minnesota's upcoming schedule. Yikes. 

@Washington, Los Angeles, @Detroit, @Atlanta, @Carolina

Easily 5 games they could lose. If Hundley can lead GB over DET/CHI, the division could be

MIN 6-3

GB 6-3

DET 3-5

CHI 3-6

Gotta like those odds down the stretch of at least coming into a first place tie for week 16 IF Rodgers comes back. Both teams could easily be 7-6 or 8-5.

7 minutes ago, SassyFascistAlphaGuy said:

If Detroit loses to Pittsburgh and Chicago loses in New Orleans they will be sitting at 3-4 and 3-5. Minnesota will go to 6-2 after beating Cleveland, but look at Minnesota's upcoming schedule. Yikes. 

@Washington, Los Angeles, @Detroit, @Atlanta, @Carolina

Easily 5 games they could lose. If Hundley can lead GB over DET/CHI, the division could be

MIN 6-3

GB 6-3

DET 3-5

CHI 3-6

Gotta like those odds down the stretch of at least coming into a first place tie for week 16 IF Rodgers comes back. Both teams could easily be 7-6 or 8-5.

Could happen but it's a stretch. Beating the Bears in Chicago is going to be very tough. That would have been a tough win even with Rodgers. Bears play tough defense at home, we might not move the ball at all. 

Key game is coming up v Detroit. I'm guessing if we win GB will at least be in the conversation the rest of the year. If we lose and play like we did v NO, the season is going to spiral out of control, we may not win again. 

I'm not expecting a lot this year.  I hope Hundley plays well so we can get something for him.  If he does he isn't going to want to stay and be Rodgers understudy next year.  If we end up last in the division that wouldn't be the end of the world.  It will improve our draft position and we can get some true impact players to join our All World QB next season -who most likely will be shelved for the rest of the season if we struggle going forward.

@deltarich87, I like all your Twitter updates and thanks for posting them, but you broke my heart with that one.  I don't care what Clinton-Dix's relationship or past or belief is with Barr and that play, but I think you gotta do that whole stupid prideful support of your QB thing here.  HHCD is breaking my heart this year.  I'm definitely inclined to believe Barr, and I think Rodgers was acting like a lil *****, but if I'm Aaron's teammate, I'm not even remotely showing it by "liking" a Tweet.  I don't know Twitter, so I don't know what that means. 

46 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

@deltarich87, I like all your Twitter updates and thanks for posting them, but you broke my heart with that one.  I don't care what Clinton-Dix's relationship or past or belief is with Barr and that play, but I think you gotta do that whole stupid prideful support of your QB thing here.  HHCD is breaking my heart this year.  I'm definitely inclined to believe Barr, and I think Rodgers was acting like a lil *****, but if I'm Aaron's teammate, I'm not even remotely showing it by "liking" a Tweet.  I don't know Twitter, so I don't know what that means. 

think of if like bookmarking an individual tweet so you can go back and find it with ease since each twitter account has a "like" section for each specific user which lists all the tweets they liked. Usually you'd like a tweet if it's something you enjoyed, be it a funny meme/pic or funny videos/jokes(at least that's what I use it for in my case). It's all subjective in the end though. Just thought it was interesting that HHCD liked it

In any case, this whole Rodgers/Barr situation is nothing more than he said-he said nonsense. Rodgers does come off as whiny though