Cravens

Marcus21

9 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Secretly I want him to be here in Washington. I would much rather play him (hard to trust him of course) than to let him go for pennies. He is still on the second year of his contract so we can hold his rights for three more years and hopefully he matures in that amount of time.

Cravens has three years left on his original deal. If the Redskins released or traded Cravens, it wouldn’t be a big cap hit. Cravens would count $1.7 million against the cap if traded or released prior to June 1. Most likely he’d be traded before or during the draft so the Redskins could get an extra pick.

If the Redskins do decide to keep him, I would love to see him, Nicholson and Swearing in our nickel packages.

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

"No one is giving us what we want for him, and we don't want to admit the loss"

Disagree-- It's may that no one is giving us what we want,,AND we'd like to give him another shot ! Admitting the loss is easy..Blame the drunk guy .:ph34r:

8 hours ago, TKellion said:

No thanks on Talib,lets just get a pick for him and draft someone else

It’s going to be a conditional late round pick most likely and depending on what conditions Cravens has to meet, we could never see any compensation for trading away our 2016 2nd round pick.

I’d much rather have a starting caliber corner - even if he only has 3 years left at that level - who can also play the slot.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

"No one is giving us what we want for him, and we don't want to admit the loss"

I’ve held this back for a while, but this is just another McCloughan miss added to the books.

McCloughan definitely did some good things and found some diamonds in the rough - unfortunately Kyshoen Jarrett got hurt - and street free agents like Blackmon (who should have been here last year after Cravens left) and Foster came in and helped us in 2015, 16 and Foster last year too but other than hitting on Scherff, Smith Crowder and Fuller his picks have been questionable to poor.

Some in this forum don’t even like 2 of McCloughan’s best draft picks the two years he was here but still swear by him and it’s a bit of a head scratcher.

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Secretly I want him to be here in Washington. I would much rather play him (hard to trust him of course) than to let him go for pennies. He is still on the second year of his contract so we can hold his rights for three more years and hopefully he matures in that amount of time.

If the Redskins do decide to keep him, I would love to see him, Nicholson and Swearing in our nickel packages.

You last point has to absolutely be our nickel defense with Brown or Foster as the other ILB which, we play 70% of the time anyways. I hope it works out, but I can’t believe it will following Danny Roullier’s lead on that.

39 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

If you think moving forward we are better off with Bruce Allen leading the charge, I've got some oceanside land in Iowa to sell you.

I don’t, but there should no secret that a certain segment of the fan base didn’t like our first 3 picks in 2015, our first two 2016 picks haven’t hit yet - Cravens could be gone - and Fuller was a home run.

That’s an awful draft record. 

What did work was Kirk Cousins, a few Shanahan and Bruce Allen picks and draft picks in 2013/2014. I’ll never stop saying that those picks/signings and Scherff were the main reasons we had the decent seasons the last 3 years and gruden’s offensive coaching/development of young players, particularly Cousins in 2014 & 15.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t, but there should no secret that a certain segment of the fan base didn’t like our first 3 picks in 2015, our first two 2016 picks haven’t hit yet - Cravens could be gone - and Fuller was a home run.

What did work was Kirk Cousins, a few Shanahan and Bruce Allen picks and draft picks in 2013/2014. I’ll never stop saying that those picks/signings and Scherff were the main reasons we had the decent seasons the last 3 years and gruden’s offensive coaching/development of young players, particularly Cousins in 2014 & 15.

Brandon Scherff, Quinton Dunbar, Josh Docston, Arie Koundjia, Matt Ioannidis, Preston Smith, Robert Kelley, Kendall Fuller, Martrell Spaight, Jamison Crowder and Kyshoen Jarrett were all brought in as rookies by Scot McCloughan and have at least made some sort of impact with this team. Stop trashing the guy. It's getting ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The best drafters only hit like 50% of the time.  Plus Scott was really smart by picking up more draft picks, it gives you more tickets for the lottery.  The second Scott left we stopped accumulating more picks, because Allen has no long term plan.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

The best drafters only hit like 50% of the time.  Plus Scott was really smart by picking up more draft picks, it gives you more tickets for the lottery.  The second Scott left we stopped accumulating more picks, because Allen has no long term plan.

Allen’s long term plan didn’t seem to different than what Scot did. In 2014 we drafted well, signed a few FAs but didn’t go wild. We got lucky Djax was cut late in FA and most teams didn’t have the cap space to sign him and he wanted to stay in the NFCE and play the eagles twice a year.

I get it, I don’t like Allen either, his PR is the worst I’ve ever seen. The organization is a laughing stock in that way but it’s pretty clear Allen, Williams, Gruden and company want to build mostly through the draft, we’ve been doing that since Allen & Shanahan were hired in 2010 except we spent a lot in 2011 on defense. 

Gruden wanted Alex Smith to be his qb for the immediate future and then we’ll probably draft one this year or next for Gruden to develop like he did with Kirk.

The only thing that seems to be blinding people of the plan to build through the draft is the fact that Allen is a fool at PR.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Brandon Scherff, Quinton Dunbar, Josh Docston, Arie Koundjia, Matt Ioannidis, Preston Smith, Robert Kelley, Kendall Fuller, Martrell Spaight, Jamison Crowder and Kyshoen Jarrett were all brought in as rookies by Scot McCloughan and have at least made some sort of impact with this team. Stop trashing the guy. It's getting ridiculous.

You don’t like almost all of those players except for Scherff, Ioannidis (who Gruden stood on the table for in 2016), Crowder, Fuller and Jarrett who sadly hurt his shoulder/neck.

It was Gruden’s idea to move Dunbar to corner because he wasn’t good enough at wr and we had a lot of talent at wr. We didn’t want to lose him so we tried him at corner and it worked.

MKnight doesn’t even like Scherff & Preston Smith. 

I just don’t know how you can act like Scot was the best of the best when at the same time you constantly hate on his draft picks, including Cravens.

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’ve held this back for a while, but this is just another McCloughan miss added to the books.

McCloughan definitely did some good things and found some diamonds in the rough - unfortunately Kyshoen Jarrett got hurt - and street free agents like Blackmon (who should have been here last year after Cravens left) and Foster came in and helped us in 2015, 16 and Foster last year too but other than hitting on Scherff, Smith Crowder and Fuller his picks have been questionable to poor.

Some in this forum don’t even like 2 of McCloughan’s best draft picks the two years he was here but still swear by him and it’s a bit of a head scratcher.

How can you blame a guy for drafting a player that quits football. How is McCloughan supposed to scout that? Is Trent Baalke to blame for Chris Borland retiring after 1 season? Yes, McCloughan missed on some guys. But Cravens couldnt be predicted or scouted. 

Archived