Cravens

Marcus21

On 2/26/2018 at 7:26 PM, turtle28 said:

Doesn’t mean it’s the right move. Trading players at their lowest value is so redskins

I would assume that it either means the locker room said "thanks but no thanks" or that when the front office/coaching staff reached out to Cravens, he wasn't willing to agree to his new "bottom of the rung" status.

Otherwise, you're right, why not try to rehabilitate him? He was cheap.

On 2/26/2018 at 7:33 PM, turtle28 said:

Man what a horrible draft

The funny thing is I still think it was the right call knowing only what we knew at the time. It sucks that it went pear shaped like it has but it made sense.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Really?  I was thinking like conditional 2019 6th rounder.  

Well my theory is that he was a 2nd round pick who played very well when he was in and was worth the pick

downside.... commitment and setting out the year, if he’s committed I would actually love to keep him but if they can fetch a 3rd to 5th I think it’s better we let the trade happen.

he has all the talent to be a top player, just has to get his head right

12 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Well my theory is that he was a 2nd round pick who played very well when he was in and was worth the pick

downside.... commitment and setting out the year, if he’s committed I would actually love to keep him but if they can fetch a 3rd to 5th I think it’s better we let the trade happen.

he has all the talent to be a top player, just has to get his head right

The Redskins have a choice. They can either:

1. Request compensation in 2018. In this case, they want the draft capital now because of the time/value of "money" (draft pick). It helps them now. However, any suitors will likely give a lower pick (ignore the year difference for a moment) because they're taking on risk without knowing if there is value on the far end.
  2. Request variable compensation in 2019. This time, they can say "it starts out as a 2019 6th, but if Cravens starts 6+ games, it jumps to a 5th, if he makes the Pro Bowl 4th, All Pro 3rd" etc etc. They would push off recovering payment until the new team gets some benefit from Cravens. This, however, has risks for the Redskins in that if he bombs out over on his new team, they get a low pick and it is a year later. Still, they'd get something for him.

Archived