Scot McCloughan is on the Browns staff now.. Baker haters wont like what he has to say

mistakey

11 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Great FO. My only concern is the possibility of having too many cooks in the kitchen. Lots of guys who are used to being the decision-maker, ultimately collaborating. Then, you have an owner that has authority over all of them and could bang his fist on the table with a moments notice. Hoping the ultimate result is the obvious right choice: Darnold. Enough foolishness.

On the bright side, all these personalities should have a lot of eyes on our incompetent HC.

we go from no cooks in the kitchen (as some would say) to too many cooks in the kitchen

is no one ever happy in this forum

12 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Great FO. My only concern is the possibility of having too many cooks in the kitchen. Lots of guys who are used to being the decision-maker, ultimately collaborating. Then, you have an owner that has authority over all of them and could bang his fist on the table with a moments notice. Hoping the ultimate result is the obvious right choice: Darnold. Enough foolishness.

On the bright side, all these personalities should have a lot of eyes on our incompetent HC.

This is where having a strong, experienced GM like Dorsey calling the shots should help us. I see him taking all the advice and input, but also not making a pick or trade he's not 100% on board with. Unlike Sashi, who knew nothing about personnel but was charged by Haslam to be some kind of consensus synthesizer, and probably didn't know the good input he got from the bad (if you believe all of the people who say all of the franchise QB bungling we did signed off by Sashi was really Hue's doing).

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That would only prove Dorsey to be the retard he sounds like in a presser.

seriously-
the only reason this dude has gotten fired at all 3 of his last jobs was due to booze, and even the washington stop it seemed... sketchy.  

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

seriously-
the only reason this dude has gotten fired at all 3 of his last jobs was due to booze, and even the washington stop it seemed... sketchy.  

Idgaf if dude is drunk all day, every day.

He’s picking players to play football, not performing surgery ffs.

His eye for talent is as good as anyone in the league.

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idgaf if dude is drunk all day, every day.

He’s picking players to play football, not performing surgery ffs.

His eye for talent is as good as anyone in the league.

Is it really though? His last four years in WAS didn't exactly create amazing draft crops.

I'm interested, but like the rest of these guys, I find it weird that we're collecting a bunch of FO folks who the media loooooooove and think are amaaaaaaaazing who have only been solid at drafting in the last 4-5 years. Like, I don't know if it's just strings of bad luck or if our FO has become a meeting of the "old boys club". Hoping for the former.

8 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Is it really though? His last four years in WAS didn't exactly create amazing draft crops.

I'm interested, but like the rest of these guys, I find it weird that we're collecting a bunch of FO folks who the media loooooooove and think are amaaaaaaaazing who have only been solid at drafting in the last 4-5 years. Like, I don't know if it's just strings of bad luck or if our FO has become a meeting of the "old boys club". Hoping for the former.

Definitely some good ole boys club, but who wouldn’t hire folks they’ve worked with previously, had success with and are comfortable with?

Im on record a bunch of times as saying I don’t buy the “great talent evaluator” concept. If these guys could spot talent they wouldn’t miss half the time.  That said, if I had to pick a guy to pick the talent, McCloughan is high on my list. 

As far as his resume, he’s done it a few places.  Even places when he “failed”, like Washington, they’re competent and competitive.

6 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

man idk 

He really did well in 2015 his 2016 is kinda tough with the Doctson injury and Craven's quitting but I do think he'll be an asset as long as Dorsey have already decided  we're drafting Darnold at one which I think he has done already 

6 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

he was in WAS only from 2015 - 2016 as GM
2015 sure looks like a major hit
2016 looks less good, esp with cravens' retirement but it looks pretty damn good with kendall fuller.  doctson showed something too this year.

4 hours ago, mistakey said:

we go from no cooks in the kitchen (as some would say) to too many cooks in the kitchen

is no one ever happy in this forum

I’m actually very positive about our FO other than that we got rid of Sashi instead of Hueball. Just something to keep an eye on.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think most will be happy with Mcgloughan being here. It pretty much locks up the idea that Dorsey is set on taking a QB #1 and he wants another top tier talent evaluator to help him make sure he selects the absolute best one. One thing Dorsey has said before is he doesn't want yes men on his staff. He wants guys who will do their job, who will challenge him when it comes to adding players to the team. 

I think Eliot Wolf is here to make sure we are doing our due diligence in retaining our own talent, and finding other guys within the league that can help us win games. One of Dorsey's downfalls in KC was how he handled the cap. He was too friendly to some players, and to others he was too passive in getting deals done. I think he ultimately leaves that up to Wolf and Paul D working the numbers. 

Archived