Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

I'm thinking of going to the Tigers game on July 15th. Any suggestions for where to sit?

I haven't been to this stadium in about 25 years. 

My wife and I like sitting in decent seats so I wanted to see if anyone has an opinion? Cheaper club seats or something like that? I always tell people going to Comerica to get Tiger den seats if they can. You have a padded chair, table between the seats, and access to the stadium restaurant an hour before normal gate openings. 

I was thinking left field or 3rd base side since its a 7pm game, thoughts??

On 6/22/2022 at 6:29 AM, MWil23 said:

Who is Francola? And what other options do you think they have?

That's what Hueball called him. Since I am not a fan, I go with it.

The farm or trade.

I do not think you can go far carrying too many guys who cannot hit/hit in the clutch, and they already have 3 (Straw, Hedges and Clement).

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hedges defense isn’t worth his complete lack of offense. It hasn’t been that good. 

I think Fangraph has his rated as the #6 overall defensive catcher. Tito loves his defensive catchers. Hell Hedges is bad and the surprising thing is, he isnt the worst offensive starting catcher in the league

Edited by buno67

This season, pitch counts for starters have cratered to an average of 84.4, 10 fewer than the standard that held for decades. The typical start -- long, steady, around six innings -- has fallen to barely five. Complete games have almost vanished.

I feel like the Royals figured this out before everybody else and it’s why they won their title. It doesn’t make sense to work your starters like crazy.

22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like the Royals figured this out before everybody else and it’s why they won their title. It doesn’t make sense to work your starters like crazy.

It’s hard to navigate a quality start vs taxing your bullpen. There’s definitely a sweet spot there, and playoff baseball is another animal altogether.