Cleveland Guardians Thread: CHEAP OWNERSHIP = No Hitting

malibuspeedrace

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It needs to be asked now. In a 7 game series, is Trevor your #3 guy or is Danny?

I worry about Danny's health and Trevor scares the hell out of me still.

Whoever is pitching best at the time. He's been pretty dang good. I'd even consider him over Carrasco. It's unfortunate though because it looked like Salazar turned a corner and he gets hurt again. 

Unpopular hot take:  If Trevor continues to pitch well, same with Salazar I'd  consider trading one or both. I don't trust either. 

Edited by Bonanza23
Man this site is horrible for my spellcheck. Garbage I say

Kluber and Carrasco are your 1/2. Go with the hot hand as the 3. Clevinger, Bauer, Salazar fight it out. Go with the arm that's hit heading into the playoffs. Right now, I'm surprised to say it, but it would be Bauer. It would not have been six weeks ago. That could change again. Then you have a couple potential long relievers if one of your top guys has a rough start and throw Tomlin into the pen also. Right now I'm anxious to see Miller back out there healthy. He's still their ride or die out there.

Edited by NateDawg

On 8/13/2017 at 9:01 PM, buno67 said:

Kip cant really be a utility. He can play 1 maybe 2 positions. 2nd base and maybe LF. Just sucks for Kip, having a injury plagued season. Got hurt in training camp and it seems like when he gets back into the groove of things, he gets hurt again. Im not surprised he is having a bad year. It be hard for any baseball player to string things together when they only get 3-4weeks of action before getting hurt again. I think it be best to keep him on the DL until he is fully healthy before bring him back. 

I dont know about that Santana/Bruce. I think adv stats show Santana is a better 1B actually. 

I would love to somehow bring Santana and Bruce back. If they can win the world series this year, maybe there is a chance but who knows. I think Bruce could get a bigger contract than Santana this off season.

Have you actually watched the games! Santana  looks very good at 1st

17 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It needs to be asked now. In a 7 game series, is Trevor your #3 guy or is Danny?

I worry about Danny's health and Trevor scares the hell out of me still.

I got with Trevor. He is a very interesting guy but it just seems like when the pressure is on, Bauer will give you 100%, and isnt afraid.

I take Bauer because he is mentally tougher than Salz. If its going to be a high pressure outing, Bauer will perform better. I also would love to see Salz come out of the pen. He could be deadly out of the pen as a guy who comes in the 5th/6th inning for the playoffs.

Lets not allow him to play with Drones

With all of the starting pitchers we have up right now (Kluber, Cookie, Danny, Bauer, Tomlin, Merritt, Clev), would you consider moving any of them to the pen? The obvious ones are Merritt and Clev.  But I also think Danny threw well out of the pen in the series last year.  We aren't going to pitch 7 starters and at different points we will probably only pitch 3-4 starters in the post season.  Who do you start and who do you use in relief roles?  I think the obvious is have Kluber/Cookie/Danny/Bauer start and put the other three in the pen for spot work in case one of the starters gets pounded in the first few innings. 

But I had argued at the beginning of the year with my brother and dad about moving Bauer into the pen before he made me look dumb and started dominating. Danny looked good out of the pen in last years series.