aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

• 2 weeks later...

Had my first MRI today after finishing radiation and my first 6 weeks of chemo back on October 23rd  My doctor was extremely happy with how the scans came back. Said everything is looking really good. I have another 6 months of chemo to do but its just one week of chemo pills each of those 6 months. He said it should cleanup anything that is leftover. 

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 9

6 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Had my first MRI today after finishing radiation and my first 6 weeks of chemo back on October 23rd  My doctor was extremely happy with how the scans came back. Said everything is looking really good. I have another 6 months of chemo to do but its just one week of chemo pills each of those 6 months. He said it should cleanup anything that is leftover. 

That’s wonderful news, good sir! Thank you for keeping us updated. We’re all rooting for you, and lord knows we can all use some good news here and there! SKOL!!!

8 hours ago, TENINCH said:

That's great news!
giphy.gif

My stepmom was diagnosed almost exactly a year ago and has been through the exact same treatment schedule you are going through.  She finished her 6 months of chemo a few months ago and has gotten a couple of MRI's after being off the chemo.  So far, both of them came back just like yours did.  It sounds like whatever treatment they are giving you both is really doing the job.  She is out ahead of you and doing great - in spite of being 86 years old.  I'm hopeful it will go just as smoothly for you too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Excellent!  Continue to heal well!!

10 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

That's great news!
giphy.gif

My stepmom was diagnosed almost exactly a year ago and has been through the exact same treatment schedule you are going through.  She finished her 6 months of chemo a few months ago and has gotten a couple of MRI's after being off the chemo.  So far, both of them came back just like yours did.  It sounds like whatever treatment they are giving you both is really doing the job.  She is out ahead of you and doing great - in spite of being 86 years old.  I'm hopeful it will go just as smoothly for you too.

That's awesome. I'll continue praying for her health. 

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't going to matter to probably most of you...but to some of us "ancients", we remember distinctly where we where and what we were doing 40 years ago tonight.  I was a sophomore in college...watching a Monday Night Football game between the Patriots and the Dolphins...when late in the 4th quarter Howard Cosell brought a news flash that stunned the world.  John Lennon had been shot in the back twice outside his apartment building in NYC. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.

I grew up listening to and loving The Beatles.  This news felt like it had to be a cruel hoax.  It wasn't.  It wasn't.

Every year on this date I often think what did the world miss out on?  Could the Beatles have reunited?  What kind of music would he have gifted us?  But mostly, I think about his activism for peace.  In the last 40 years, I think the world could've used a voice like John Lennon's to provoke and inspire our better angels.

27 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

This isn't going to matter to probably most of you...but to some of us "ancients", we remember distinctly where we where and what we were doing 40 years ago tonight.  I was a sophomore in college...watching a Monday Night Football game between the Patriots and the Dolphins...when late in the 4th quarter Howard Cosell brought a news flash that stunned the world.  John Lennon had been shot in the back twice outside his apartment building in NYC. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.

I grew up listening to and loving The Beatles.  This news felt like it had to be a cruel hoax.  It wasn't.  It wasn't.

Every year on this date I often think what did the world miss out on?  Could the Beatles have reunited?  What kind of music would he have gifted us?  But mostly, I think about his activism for peace.  In the last 40 years, I think the world could've used a voice like John Lennon's to provoke and inspire our better angels.

That is the truth...I was only about 7 yrs old and really hadn't started watching football yet, although I distinctly remember watching the election results that year on TV.  Are you saying that Cat Stevens/Yusuf hasn't inspired your better angel?    

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

That is the truth...I was only about 7 yrs old and really hadn't started watching football yet, although I distinctly remember watching the election results that year on TV.  Are you saying that Cat Stevens/Yusuf hasn't inspired your better angel?    

He's one of many...Lennon's voice is still needed.

17 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

He's one of many...Lennon's voice is still needed.

I was only 1 or 2 years old. I was a much bigger fan of Lennon and McCartney solo than I was the Beatles. Sounds like a weird thing to do but I used to work out listening to Lennon in my teens. Maybe it was the only CD I had I don't remember. 

Edited by TENINCH

My mother-in-law is not into that "hippie music", so she's definitely not into Lennon.  Her favorite is Sam Cooke, so that's more her style.  I like all various kinds of music, except most of the garbage they play today.  Country music today would have been considered Top-40 when I was in high school and what is considered pop music today would have been in the R&B category, but probably wouldn't even have been allowed to be played on the radio...2 Live Crew was about as bad as it could get then.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

My mother-in-law is not into that "hippie music", so she's definitely not into Lennon.  Her favorite is Sam Cooke, so that's more her style.  I like all various kinds of music, except most of the garbage they play today.  Country music today would have been considered Top-40 when I was in high school and what is considered pop music today would have been in the R&B category, but probably wouldn't even have been allowed to be played on the radio...2 Live Crew was about as bad as it could get then.  

Sam Cooke is a legend.

I listen to everything from Andrea Bocelli to Pantera. Outside of the garbage they do play I'm with you. I love almost all music. My 17 year old son loves introducing me to music so I let him act as the DJ on spotify when we are going on long drives. Sturgill Simpson is one the better artists he introduced me to a couple years ago.

Edited by TENINCH
  • Like 1

In the movie "Pulp Fiction," Uma Thurman's character said that all men can be broken down into one of two groups:  Elvis fans or Beatles fans.  I think there is something to this.  I've always been a huge Elvis fan, and wasn't all that into the Beatles.  I do own their 2 CD set of hits from 1962-66, though, and they did have some very good songs during that time period.  After that, it seems like they got more into drugs and all of their maharaji "hippie" stuff, which I don't care for.  There is no denying that they were a great group, however, and both John and Paul, and to a lesser degree, George and Ringo, made some very good music on their own.  I remember when John Lennon was killed.  It was a huge loss to the world of music, and to the world in general.  May he rest in peace.

Edited by Uncle Buck

18 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Sam Cooke is a legend.

I listen to everything from Andrea Bocelli to Pantera. Outside of the garbage they do play I'm with you. I love almost all music. My 17 year old son loves introducing me to music so I let him act as the DJ on spotify when we are going on long drives. Sturgill Simpson is one the better artists he introduced me to a couple years ago.

I listen to classical, mostly from the Baroque era...The Beatles (and their solo efforts), The Who, Zeppelin, Stones, Dylan, Cat Stevens, James Taylor, The Eagles, Harry Chapin, Eric Clapton, Jackson Brown, CSN&Y (and their solo efforts)...Old country such as Doc Watson, Scruggs & Flatt, Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams, Sr...I like some jazz, like Coltrane, Monk, Dizzy Gillespie, Dave Brubeck...but, please NO "smooth jazz.  If someone were to play a Kenny G album in my presence, I may have to commit murder! Some R&B, such as Sam Cooke, Isaac Hayes, The Temptations, Curtis Mayfield, Otis Redding, Marvin Gaye.  I'm not into Hip-Hop or what goes for country these days.  I'm not into metal bands since Zeppelin broke up.