aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

31 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Sometimes when I'm bored I go through the FaceBook garage sales that get posted. People still try to sell those 300 pound TVs from the 90s. There is no way I would go into their house to lift that huge TV up so I can put in my house. 

I love the fact that I no longer have to use a dolly to move my TV.  I can now carry it with one hand.  😂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TENINCH said:

Sometimes when I'm bored I go through the FaceBook garage sales that get posted. People still try to sell those 300 pound TVs from the 90s. There is no way I would go into their house to lift that huge TV up so I can put in my house. 

we gave one away last year, when we bought the house and it was left here.....someone took it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

we gave one away last year, when we bought the house and it was left here.....someone took it.

That's crazy someone would still want one. Glad you were able to get rid of it.

13 hours ago, TENINCH said:

That's crazy someone would still want one. Glad you were able to get rid of it.

the capacitors and CRT's inside those old tube TV's are worth something if you know what you are doing.

also can kill you pretty quickly if you don't know what you are doing....

My grandparents had this huge, impossibly heavy TV in their basement. Grandpa bought it as a retirement present for himself in the early 90s. According to him, it was one of the first big-screen models ever released. I have no idea what happened to it. I imagined it being immovable, like Stonehenge.

• Like 2