aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

5 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Sorry to hear that...that sucks...I know I'd probably be b***hing at them.  My wife has complained to her employer in the past for not taking out enough state taxes so that we ended up having to pay out.  Some will say that at least you didn't allow the Feds to collect the interest, but I don't like surprises like that.  If I planned for it, that's one thing, but like most, I don't plan for it...and don't want to.  

It's really weird because I've never touched my tax deductions. I always claim 0 so the most money is taken out. Oh well it's taking out my taxes correctly now.

40 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

For some reason my job stopped taking out Federal Taxes beginning February 2020 so I only have $200 paid in Federal taxes. Now I'll be paying in nearly 4k dollars. 😢

Aare your withholdings designated on your check stub or pay report?  If your employer is not itemizing a report for you clearly indicating what has been withheld, then that is plain wrong and quite possibly illegal.

33 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Aare your withholdings designated on your check stub or pay report?  If your employer is not itemizing a report for you clearly indicating what has been withheld, then that is plain wrong and quite possibly illegal.

Yeah we have this payroll thing called WorkDay that allows us to login and logout for work. Has all of our pay stuff available to us. I've worked remote for the past 2 years. 

Lighthearted question: What is one thing that really annoys you that someone else would think is really dumb?

Mine: I hate inedible garnishes on a restaurant plate, or edible garnish that has no place near the food I ordered (orange slices on a plate of fried chicken, for example).

17 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Lighthearted question: What is one thing that really annoys you that someone else would think is really dumb?

Mine: I hate inedible garnishes on a restaurant plate, or edible garnish that has no place near the food I ordered (orange slices on a plate of fried chicken, for example).

It might be more of an OCD thing, but I am really annoyed when a passenger in my car doesn't put the sunvisor back to the up position before exiting the vehicle.

Edited by Guest

26 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Misuse of words like except and accept. Today I was looking at my electrical print and I have to "insure" that I blah blah blah... I'm not going to "insure" anything, but I will "ensure"...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I hate it when customer orders don’t end in divisible by 5. 

For example, the job I’m working on now, customer ordered 180 parts. Awesome! Boss comes by two days later and tells me customer wants an extra 10%. 180 plus 10% equals... you monsters! 

• Like 2

On 4/15/2021 at 11:58 AM, wcblack34 said:

i'm not a prude by any means, but i really dislike how pervasive profanity has become in daily speech. i mean, why drop a f bomb in every sentence, what does it gain you?

besides being vulgar, the point of profanity is that it emphasizes a point being made. but if it's used over and voer, its effect is diluted and it becomes common.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

i'm not a prude by any means, but i really dislike how pervasive profanity has become in daily speech. i mean, why drop a f bomb in every sentence, what does it gain you?

besides being vulgar, the point of profanity is that it emphasizes a point being made. but if it's used over and voer, its effect is diluted and it becomes common.

Agreed, it is really lazy. Do people not know more effective and accurate words? 

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

I’ve always been in professions with an abundance of swearing, and I’ve always come to the conclusion that the more cursing that a person uses in their everyday conversation, the lower their IQ. 

If a person can’t open up their vocabulary enough to find better, if not more accurate, words, that doesn’t say much about them. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2021 at 9:06 AM, SemperFeist said:

Sadly, crap like this is going to continue to happen until we, as a society, start demanding a higher standard from the people that are supposed to protect and uphold the laws of our society. 

Yep, but then you get what you vote (ask) for. 🤷🏼

Edited by SteelKing728

On 4/13/2021 at 2:55 PM, wcblack34 said:

Sure. But if they get blasted for kneeling...

With regard to “buffoonery,” it again focuses on how the protestors are making their voices heard as opposed to actually listening to what they’re trying to say. Rodney King was beaten in 1991. Thirty years on, things are worse. Not better. When people don’t listen to peaceful means, there are few other options. 

But the one option that is never okay is resorting to violence/aggression towards others.

I'm all for protesting no matter the circumstances. I think rioting is where we draw the line, no matter the circumstances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think rioting is where we draw the line, no matter the circumstances.

uh huh...

perhaps you're not aware the state legislature of Texas just passed a bill their governor is expected to sign that defines a riot as three or more people engaged in "tumultuous activity."

i don't think our Constitution's framers would have drawn a line at that point.

• Like 1