aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

On 4/27/2021 at 8:48 AM, Virginia Viking said:

Last week, my first cousins 28 year old son was murdered in a random mass shooting in San Diego. He was the only victim killed.  I didn't know him well, but it's strange when this happens to a family member. My aunt and uncle, this young man's grandparents, are really suffering. 

So sorry to hear this news, Virginia.  :(  

May he rest in peace.

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I hope everything is going well for you, my friend.

There was more growth. Dr said he'll know for sure after my next MRI what it is. I told him that I feel better than I've ever felt in my life and nothing he can tell me will bother me. I'm down 50 pounds. I exercise every morning and afternoon. I go to the beach on the weekends. My biggest issue is that my hair hasn't quite grown back to it gloriousness. 

I was having small headaches (which wasn't fun because I never get headaches) for a few months. They stopped on Saturday after weeks of prayer. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I was afraid of that.  I've been wanting to move down to Florida when I retire but I was born two months before the end of the baby boomer era, so I'm afraid half of the old people in the country will be down there by the time I'm ready to go. 

The worst are the ones that get upset overseeing an alligators in the water or some other wild animal on their property.

"I paid 3/4 of a million dollars for my home and nobody said anything about gators near my house." 

Lady this is Florida. What did you think was living here? Good chance we'll get some pythons up here in a few years too. 

9 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

I was afraid of that.  I've been wanting to move down to Florida when I retire but I was born two months before the end of the baby boomer era, so I'm afraid half of the old people in the country will be down there by the time I'm ready to go. 

My wife and I are the weird ones, because our plan is to move north when we retire.  We're currently in Kansas, but plan on moving to Canada after we retire.  🤣

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

My wife and I are the weird ones, because our plan is to move north when we retire.  We're currently in Kansas, but plan on moving to Canada after we retire.  🤣

I would love a beautiful home in British Columbia.

2 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I would love a beautiful home in British Columbia.

So would I.  We're not sure where yet, but we spent time in Banff last year and plan to return there in the fall of 2023, but I hope to stop off in Vancouver, as I never got to go up there when I lived in Seattle. 

24 minutes ago, swede700 said:

So would I.  We're not sure where yet, but we spent time in Banff last year and plan to return there in the fall of 2023, but I hope to stop off in Vancouver, as I never got to go up there when I lived in Seattle. 

When I lived in North Dakota all the cool people would go to Winnipeg. 

24 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

When I lived in North Dakota all the cool people would go to Winnipeg. 

My father in law said his grandfather always told him that he wanted to go to Winnipeg (but doesn't know why) and neither his grandfather or his dad ever made it...I told him he can come along when we go.  😆

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

No thanks haha. They're already taking over aren't they?

They've made it about half up through Florida. I've had raccoons, deer, possums, vultures, rabbits, and bob cats in my yard. All yummy treats for a big snake.

Edited by TENINCH

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

There was more growth. Dr said he'll know for sure after my next MRI what it is. I told him that I feel better than I've ever felt in my life and nothing he can tell me will bother me. I'm down 50 pounds. I exercise every morning and afternoon. I go to the beach on the weekends. My biggest issue is that my hair hasn't quite grown back to it gloriousness. 

I was having small headaches (which wasn't fun because I never get headaches) for a few months. They stopped on Saturday after weeks of prayer. 

Hang in there TENINCH.  I'll keep praying for you too.

2 hours ago, TENINCH said:

The worst are the ones that get upset overseeing an alligators in the water or some other wild animal on their property.

"I paid 3/4 of a million dollars for my home and nobody said anything about gators near my house." 

Lady this is Florida. What did you think was living here? Good chance we'll get some pythons up here in a few years too. 

If she's upset, how does she think the alligators feel?  Hahaha.

As far as the pythons go, that wouldn't bother me because I used to have snakes for pets.  I had a couple of burmese pythons and a few other varieties.  They're no big deal once you get over the natural revulsion for them that we are all born with.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

You will probably have the whole place to yourselves.  That's not a bad plan at all if you can handle the weather.  Canadian winters must be pretty tough though I bet.

46 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You will probably have the whole place to yourselves.  That's not a bad plan at all if you can handle the weather.  Canadian winters must be pretty tough though I bet.

We were up in Calgary last March before the shutdown.  It wasn't warm by any stretch of imagination, in fact we went up in the Calgary Tower when it was below zero (and it was in the teens when we went up on the Banff Gondola), but it wasn't terrible.  I deal with cold weather a little bit better than my wife, since I grew up in MN, but the key is always just more layers. More layers equals more comfort.  We'll be going up in the fall of 2023, so it should be a little warmer then.  It's funny, the worst I ever felt anywhere was when I went to Florida in September...the humidity was awful, so much so that even when it rained, it made it worse and it just wore me out.  😂

In MN restaurants/bars/breweries can be open later starting tomorrow, May 28th dropping capacity restrictions, Jun 1 dropping mask mandate. Maybe sooner for mask mandate if they can get an uptick in people getting vaccinated.