aSK anything: 5.0: Designated Steve-vivor

Heimdallr

Since we're on the driving topic, I absolutely hate it when people don't use their turn signals, especially when I'm waiting for them to pass by. I can't tell you how often it happens that I'm waiting on a cross street and there's a car coming up and waits until the last second (if at all) before turning on their signal to turn right (so they don't pass by me)...if I had known that you were going to turn, I could have gone earlier.    "You're not the only person on the road and I can't read your mind, so you need to communicate your intent with your turn signal"  There probably isn't anything more irritating to me when driving.  

• Like 5

Having suffered an injury in summer 2019 that required surgery and the use of a handicap parking pass, until Feb 2020, it really bothers me when people park in handicap spots without the pass. I never realized how frequently it happens because I had never bothered to look before my injury.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Since we're on the driving topic, I absolutely hate it when people don't use their turn signals, especially when I'm waiting for them to pass by. I can't tell you how often it happens that I'm waiting on a cross street and there's a car coming up and waits until the last second (if at all) before turning on their signal to turn right (so they don't pass by me)...if I had known that you were going to turn, I could have gone earlier.    "You're not the only person on the road and I can't read your mind, so you need to communicate your intent with your turn signal"  There probably isn't anything more irritating to me when driving.  

Every time that happens, I always think of Clive Owen in Shoot ‘Em Up. 

I have to get up at 4:30 so I can get another mri this Thursday. I had 2 all clear scans and then something showed up during my last scan. Doctor thinks it might be leftovers from my radiation. Hopefully it is and I get my last chemo ever next week. Hope I can stay up late enough to see the Vikings pick that night. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I have to get up at 4:30 so I can get another mri this Thursday. I had 2 all clear scans and then something showed up during my last scan. Doctor thinks it might be leftovers from my radiation. Hopefully it is and I get my last chemo ever next week. Hope I can stay up late enough to see the Vikings pick that night. 

Best of luck. If you can't stay up to see the Vikings pick, you'll find out about it whenever you get around to it. There are some things that make the Vikings small and a particular pick of the team even smaller. I'll pray things go well for you.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2021 at 4:54 PM, TENINCH said:

I hope you are doing well TENINCH! Thinking about you.

Last week, my first cousins 28 year old son was murdered in a random mass shooting in San Diego. He was the only victim killed.  I didn't know him well, but it's strange when this happens to a family member. My aunt and uncle, this young man's grandparents, are really suffering. 

15 minutes ago, Virginia Viking said:

Last week, my first cousins 28 year old son was murdered in a random mass shooting in San Diego. He was the only victim killed.  I didn't know him well, but it's strange when this happens to a family member. My aunt and uncle, this young man's grandparents, are really suffering. 

That's too bad.  My heart goes out to them. 😢

7 hours ago, Virginia Viking said:

Terrible news! My heart goes out to them as well. 

On 4/27/2021 at 9:48 AM, Virginia Viking said:

That's really awful. So sorry for your family. 

Over a 1,000 people a day are moving to Florida. Prices are going to be ridiculous very soon. Prices in my county for homes have gone up 40k this year. I may need to move to some crazy place like Arkansas. 

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Over a 1,000 people a day are moving to Florida. Prices are going to be ridiculous very soon. Prices in my county for homes have gone up 40k this year. I may need to move to some crazy place like Arkansas. 

I was afraid of that.  I've been wanting to move down to Florida when I retire but I was born two months before the end of the baby boomer era, so I'm afraid half of the old people in the country will be down there by the time I'm ready to go. 

On 4/25/2021 at 3:54 PM, TENINCH said:

I hope everything is going well for you, my friend.