2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

Well, Trey Burton got 8 mil/year.  Then again Cameron Brate got like 4 mil/year or something really cheap.

Well my reasoning may not match up with the NFL's chasing of that unicorn TE, but I gotta say Graham scares the hell out of me depending on the numbers and the outs available

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Kelce is at 9.3 so I can't see how you would pay Graham more. I'm not as high on him as most. Everyone wants to blame Seattle for his drop in production while ignoring he's the same age as Jordy with a lot of miles on that body

He played football for the first time in 2009. He has far less miles on that body than an average 31 year old player.

Cameron Brate signed a 6 year, $40,800,000 contract with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, including $18,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $6,800,000. In 2018, Brate will earn, while carrying a cap hit of .

Brate never made it to FA.  He was an RFA and TB signed him to a long term deal vs tagging him.

5 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Well my reasoning may not match up with the NFL's chasing of that unicorn TE, but I gotta say Graham scares the hell out of me depending on the numbers and the outs available

I don't really worry about contracts with Ball still in the fold.  There's no way he lets Gute get in too much trouble.  That being said, I'm eagerly awaiting the details of the contract.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Brate never made it to FA.  He was an RFA and TB signed him to a long term deal vs tagging him.

yeah, that's not nearly as cheap as I remember anyway.

Bottom line is we are paying now for our total screw up with Bennett last year.  Ultimately we should have just paid Cook even if he wasn't perfect.  now we are paying Bennett's dead cap money as well as Jimmy even more.  Plus we have the Kendrick Lacarcass flopping around out there for a waste of a few mil too.

Archived