2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

7 minutes ago, Jaegybomb said:

I meant old man DRC.

Ahhhhh. My bad. Kinda. :)

Cant say I *know* Cockrell's game - but the videos provided dont look all too shabby. Nice tight coverages and  he led the NYGs in passes defended (11) - tied for INTs (3) - and he's a whole lot younger than DRC.

(Note to self: Check your comments before submitting them.....might cut down on the Edits)

I do not know- I think they are going to hope that they can get a cannot miss guy at 14 for CB or Edge, and then if it is Edge at the top, I think they flood the roster the rest of the way with guys that can play on the perimeter on offense and defense. Wait and see.

I saw a mock today that had us taking Will Hernandez at 14. SMH and closed it at that point.

If Melvin wants $10 M, pass. Need to find numbers at bargain contracts now I think and see if they hit on someone.

1 minute ago, PackFan4Life said:

If Melvin wants $10 M, pass. Need to find numbers at bargain contracts now I think and see if they hit on someone.

Agree - that might be their intention and that Melvins not worth 10per. Hence, a guy like Cockrell might fit the bill.

Less expensive. DR-ish young (so we'd be replacing one young guy with a guy the same age) and not bad in man to man coverage.

No clue personally....but theres talent out there.  

9 minutes ago, PackFan4Life said:

I do not know- I think they are going to hope that they can get a cannot miss guy at 14 for CB or Edge, and then if it is Edge at the top, I think they flood the roster the rest of the way with guys that can play on the perimeter on offense and defense. Wait and see.

I saw a mock today that had us taking Will Hernandez at 14. SMH and closed it at that point.

Am I missing something here on that number? A report he's asking for that? That seems super high 

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

New sheriff in town.  Gute and Pettine might be a little more resourceful than the previous regime of TT and Capers, give them a chance.  We are not going to fix the CB situation with what's left in FA.  It will take a draft pick or two. Fortunately we have a new perspective at the top and they have already proved that things are different now. 

I don't mind that the draft is going to be part of fixing the CB situation. I do mind if it's the only way.

4 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Martavis is one drug incident away from being out of the NFL.  Let's not. 

If he's cut, that's a different story.  I'm not sending a pick higher than a 5th for a player who might be out of the NFL for a simple slip.  Considering how stupid some NFL players are, I never trust anyone who has had more than one drug violation.  If you get caught the first time, tough luck.  If you get caught a second time, you're a moron.  Bryant has gone beyond moron. 

so you want no part of Leveon Bell then?

Gordon got in trouble 4 times, hes back, Bryant only 2x,

would you give a 4th for Gordon?

So if we could get Gordon and Bryant for our 2 4ths this year, you woulnt do it?, lol 

Adams/Gordon/Cobb/Bryant/Graham/Monty

shyyyttt, Arod could throw for 6k and 60tds, we wouldn't need a D

MM will have a stroke not playing smash mouth like he loves, bring in Chip Kelly.

HA! This is too funny.

I know that STATS dont tell the whole story - but they damn well are part of the picture.

Pull up two windows in ESPN/NFL - then check the 2017 stats for Cockrell and dearly beloved / recently departed (for whom theres so much pining for) : DR.

Cockrell *is* DR statistically.

Go get him and we'll have replaced DR and closed that book.

Archived