2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Looked up the stats of Brice Butler UFA off DAL.

On the TV screen he looks like a fast guy with some playmaking ability. Point of note observation regards the stats is he's a 6 year guy thats coming from his second team - and his stats are flatlined - meaning theres no spikes. Nice YPC - but low receptions & yards.

Why is that?

Well on DAL at least he had frontline comp: Dez, Williams and Beasley - but - I'm of the mind that "talent forces itself on the field" - meaning, if somebody's got it, the Coaches will find a way to use it.

So - why hasnt Butler's talents been used (or accomplished) more?

Is he an undiscovered diamond in the rough (?) or is he what his stats say he is?

Dallas was 27th in deep ball attempts last season. 

Not sure if you've ever seen Prescott throw a deep ball, but it usually ain't pretty. 

Prescott had his moments as a rookie, but he hasn't had many since then. 

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

While his 2017 season looked a lot like what we'd get from Richard Rogers if he was the starter in regards to catches and yards he surely is an upgrade over our TEs.  I'm not buying the laundry list of excuses for him though.  He didn't look like the all world, unstoppable "freak" some are making him out to be.  I did watch a lot of Seattle's games last year and Graham looked beat to hell IMO.  I don't t believe he's the guy he was 4 years ago.... Hopefully I'm wrong as our offense BADLY needs him to a great season. 

I agree with you...that Graham isn't the player he was 4 years ago.  But...I believe GB will get that veteran bounce back year out of Graham and Rodgers will make him look very, very good.  Easier to play offense with an aging, slower tight end than it is playing with an aged slower wide receiver.

I'm skeptical too, but I know that Graham is a nice upgrade for that offense.  I wish his salary was $2M less per year, but I could say that about most free agents that signed right away (except Mo.)

Just now, Cadmus said:

Dallas was 27th in deep ball attempts last season. 

Not sure if you've ever seen Prescott throw a deep ball, but it usually ain't pretty. 

Prescott had his moments as a rookie, but he hasn't had many since then. 

Could very well be - I cant say - but Butlers numbers are flatline consistent throughout his career.

Doesnt mean he doesnt have a pulse - just that the heartbeats arent spiking the graph much O.o

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Could very well be - I cant say - but Butlers numbers are flatline consistent throughout his career.

Doesnt mean he doesnt have a pulse - just that the heartbeats arent spiking the graph much O.o

Rodgers can cause a career spike, no issues there!

Archived