2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

Just now, incognito_man said:

Lol no I'm not. The only thing I've stated is that it's no guarantee they improved at QB over last season going forward when everyone is assuming they did.

aright.  There's a distinction between stats and production better than last season and talent and level of play better than last season.  Keenum had the stats but didn't really scare you in any given game.  Cousins with that defense serving it up for him is gonna be better than Keenum last year.

5 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I am always astounded by fans who fear the vikes, happens all the time though

I bet against the vikes winning the Super Bowl 57 years in a row and my bankroll stands at an even eleventy million dollars

I'll roll the dice again, betting against them and I'll collect again. Same as always. Meanwhile, scaredy- cat Pack fans will wax eloquently on about how improved they are, how good their players are, how awesome Zimmer is etc etc.

It won't matter - it never does. They've been the most talented team many times but they never put it all together and always find new and interesting ways to screw the pooch. Sometimes its a whiff from 27 yards, sometimes its a whiff from 39. Sometimes you wonder why they even ponder passing there, after all this ain't Detroit. 

Why waste a good diaper by loading it with purple-tinged soil ?

I do hope they have a decent season and knock off some of the other NFC challengers, but I ain't worried about minny being their at the end, they won't be

And Zimmer isn't signing guys like Richardson because he thinks he has an shutdown defense, he's signing Richardson because he watched Newton, Brees and Foles carve up his beloved defense at the end of 2017.

I'm still trying to figure out how they can afford Richardson after giving Cousins a king's ransom...

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

aright.  There's a distinction between stats and production better than last season and talent and level of play better than last season.  Keenum had the stats but didn't really scare you in any given game.  Cousins with that defense serving it up for him is gonna be better than Keenum last year.

Hell - Zimmer was playing the "Dead QB walking" routine on Keenum all year. He was playing for his job every week.

Now he goes to DEN where he'll be a bridge QB to to whomever they draft - which if I had to guess will be the kid out of Wyoming.

21 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Has cousins even had a better year in his career than keenum did last year? 

Keenum wasn't even a 4000 yard passer last year and had just over 20 passing TDs.  Cousins had more yards and TDs in each of his last 3 years.  This last year he did it without any help.  His group at WR last year was probably the second or third worst in the NFL last year (Chicago with their injuries was probably worse)

The Vikings are only signing so many free agents because they're afraid of what Rodgers is going to do to them.

Jokes aside though, it's like I said... The Vikings will challenge to go deep in the playoffs as long as they don't get punched in the mouth hard enough or two games in a row.  They're going to be a damn tough team to beat early in the year, so I hope the NFL saves our matchup with them for later. 

7 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I don't think it's a given that Cousins will play better than Keenum just did. Keenum played very well most of the season regardless of whether or not you were scared!

11 minutes ago, SSG said:

Keenum wasn't even a 4000 yard passer last year and had just over 20 passing TDs.  Cousins had more yards and TDs in each of his last 3 years.  This last year he did it without any help.  His group at WR last year was probably the second or third worst in the NFL last year (Chicago with their injuries was probably worse)

Well, he didn't play the entire season either. 

37 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Ray, the only facts here are that 2018 hasn't happened yet and that 2017 won't be the same as 2018, for better or worse

I agree with both of you lol. How crazy is that.

They're a better team on paper, but there NFL is random so is irrelevant

2 minutes ago, Csraverage said:

You all remember when we talked about FA RTs, and then bluesuede came in with that beautiful one liner about "The thing about FA RTs is that, those tend to love their own more than others..."

Good times.

I hate always being out of likes

1 minute ago, ArthurPensky said:

Well, he didn't play the entire season either. But his season was good.

3500 yards and 22 TDs in 14 starts (15 games played).  In a passing league with those weapons, it wasn't all that impressive of a season IMO.  He surely played better but to expect Cousins to have one of the worst seasons of his career with the best weapons he's ever had isn't all that realistic IMO. 

Archived