2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

45 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm prepared at any moment to open Twitter and see he's signed with one of the dumpster fire NY franchises.

if he signed here I just pray I'm wearing the right pants at that moment.

I’m prepared to see Matthews and Cobb extended and a honey badger in GB

50 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

55 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

About the Vikes...can we agree that so far they have "won" free agency?  Cousins and Richardson has to put them at or near the top of free agency.  (Not counting trades)

When is the last time a team won free agency and made it to a Super Bowl?

Last time a QB switched teams and went to a Super Bowl?   ...or won one?  (Even took Manning a while in Denver.)

Point being...is Minnesota gearing up?  Or are they treading water?  I don't think that Cousins is an upgrade over what Keenum did last year.  At best I think they can hope for the same results, which ain't bad by the way...  Defensively?  I think Floyd is about done, so they bring in Richardson.  That's a plus.  But that defense was shredded pretty good for the last 6 quarters of football that they played.

I'm unsure how much they really got better.  I feel more like they stayed the same from last year.  And I thought with a healthy Rodgers, we beat them twice last year.

50 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

For the love of God, would people stop saying Cousins isnt better than Case freaking Keenum? I mean I know we hate the Vikings but that simply is not a reasonable argument to even attempt to make. Vikings got Cousins, deal with it. Can we still beat them? Sure. Could they easily beat us? Sure. 

Did you watch Keenum last year?  He was very, very good.  As is Cousins.  I doubt that Keenum would have replicated that kind of season, whereas Cousins very well may.  But...I don't see Cousins being vastly better than the version of Keenum that they had last year.  I don't think you are crediting enough what Keenum did...and I freely admit that I'm unsure if he can replicate that.

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

Sign Honey Badger
Trade up for Ward
Draft Isaac Yiadom in the 3rd or 4th (depending on which pick we use to trade up for Ward)

Good to go at CB long term.

I do like Yiadom from Boston College as well.  As for trading up for Ward, at what cost?  You would have to move up to get him before the Bears.  I would also like to sign Honey Badger as well, think he could be a huge part of the defense.  I also like Rashaan Gaulden from Tenn at CB. 

Just now, jleisher said:

I do like Yiadom from Boston College as well.  As for trading up for Ward, at what cost?  You would have to move up to get him before the Bears.  

I dunno. Maybe something like 1.14, 3.76 and a 2019 2nd? Maybe even something like 1.14+2.45 for 1.7+5.144. Then again, it's hard to get a feel on how much will get you up 7 spots. 

Every 1st round draft pick trade last year...

Buffalo receives 1.27, 3.91, 2018 1st from KC for 1.10
Seattle receives 1.31, 3.95, 7.249 from ATL for 1.26
San Francisco receives 1.3, 3.67, 4.111, 2018 3rd from CHI for 1.2
Cleveland receives 1.25, 2018 1st from HOU for 1.12
Green Bay receives 2.33, 4.108 from CLE for 1.29
Seattle receives 2.34, 4.111 from SF for 1.31

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Let’s not act like Kirk Cousins is a top 10 QB, he’s not. Is it a slight upgrade? Probably, but Keenum played pretty well last year.

This move by no means make them the overwhelming favorite in the NFC or the NFC North .

Not a top 10 QB?  Shirley you can't be serious?  

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Let’s not act like Kirk Cousins is a top 10 QB, he’s not. Is it a slight upgrade? Probably, but Keenum played pretty well last year.

This move by no means make them the overwhelming favorite in the NFC or the NFC North .

The numbers he has put up put him pretty close to that. I'd say he's somewhere 10-15.

Guys I'd take over him:

( No order)

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Rothilburger

4. Wilson

5. Wentz

6. Brees

7. Newton

8. Ryan.

9. Luck

10. Rivers

11. Stafford

Cousins-tier

Carr, Dak, Smith, Cousins

6 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

The numbers he has put up put him pretty close to that. I'd say he's somewhere 10-15.

Guys I'd take over him:

( No order)

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Rothilburger

4. Wilson

5. Wentz

6. Brees

7. Newton

8. Ryan.

9. Luck

10. Rivers

11. Stafford

Cousins-tier

How anyone could still put Luck in a top 10 list is baffling to me

2 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Guys I'd take over him:

( No order)

1. Rodgers

2. Brady

3. Rothilburger

4. Wilson

5. Wentz

6. Brees

7. Newton

8. Ryan.

9. Luck

10. Rivers

11. Stafford

Cousins-tier

Brady, Big Ben and Brees are all too old to take over Cousins at this point.  Luck may never be good again. Rivers is below Cousins in my book, similar to Cousins but older.  I would put Carr above Cousins so I guess my list would be in order.

Rodgers

Wentz

Wilson

Ryan

Stafford

Carr

Newton

Cousins.

1 minute ago, eyecatcher said:

Brady, Big Ben and Brees are all too old to take over Cousins at this point.  Luck may never be good again. Rivers is below Cousins in my book, similar to Cousins but older.  I would put Carr above Cousins so I guess my list would be in order.

Rodgers

Wentz

Wilson

Ryan

Stafford

Carr

Newton

Cousins.

Just looking at 2018 here. Not long term prospects.

1 minute ago, packerrfan74 said:

How anyone could still put Luck in a top 10 list is baffling to me

Obviously assuming he's healthy. Which admitting is a reach.

Archived