2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Everybody was really quick to accept Burnett going somewhere else just like they were with Micah and Casey.  Don't get it. 

It is easier to swallow a 29 year old safety leaving that hasn't played 16 games 6 years, especially when there is a second round pick from last year right behind him. Burnett was a solid player for us, but he might have like 2 years left playing and doesn't really fit a big need.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

First off, that's Bleacher Report. Second the guy they talk about is Sam Shields.

Our WRs were the slowest in the league last year. We added King and Jones for this very reason. We are a slow team. We're improving, but use your eyes, this isn't a top 10 team for athletic ability.

Yeah, that's my point.  We added King and Jones, Randall was fast, pretty sure all our unrafted defensive backs are fast... We still sucked.  Speed isn't everything.  No team has ever won the Super Bowl because they're faster than the other team. 

The Patriots aren't exactly burners on offense or defense. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Yeah, that's my point.  We added King and Jones, Randall was fast, pretty sure all our unrafted defensive backs are fast... We still sucked.  Speed isn't everything.  No team has ever won the Super Bowl because they're faster than the other team. 

When you play DB there's an acceptable range. Not a lot of successful 4.6+ corners. You still need a guy that can line up across from the big dogs like Julio and Dez, hopefully that's King.

Randall was a moderate athlete, but just soft. Why he's getting moved further from the LOS.

On here and draft twitter, I seem to keep coming across the idea that Gutey is somehow following the "Eagles model of not wanting to have good secondary" and that he isn't exploring avenues to upgrade CB. That seems to contradict what Gutey said in his press conference of looking hard at improving that position. So which is it?

9 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

On here and draft twitter, I seem to keep coming across the idea that Gutey is somehow following the "Eagles model of not wanting to have good secondary" and that he isn't exploring avenues to upgrade CB. That seems to contradict what Gutey said in his press conference of looking hard at improving that position. So which is it?

I would believe that too if we didn't try to get Kyle Fuller despite how futile it was lol.

30 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Except the Eagles had a top 10 secondary. They just didn't pay a lot for it.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:
1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

First off, that's Bleacher Report. Second the guy they talk about is Sam Shields.

Our WRs were the slowest in the league last year. We added King and Jones for this very reason. We are a slow team. We're improving, but use your eyes, this isn't a top 10 team for athletic ability.

I want to add my opinion to this. It's not that you need to be the fastest team in the NFL to win. But being the slowest is a problem. We have speed on the defense now, great. We need some speed at WR, which I think everyone would agree with

3 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I want to add my opinion to this. It's not that you need to be the fastest team in the NFL to win. But being the slowest is a problem. We have speed on the defense now, great. We need some speed at WR, which I think everyone would agree with

Yes. All they need is one burner who isn't a liability when he's on the field. Currently our burners are liabilities in the pass game (Janis and Davis, despite the cool man bun).

Archived