2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Did the jags all of a sudden become this  well stocked offensive juggernaut That they're letting all their offensive weapons walk out the door? What am I missing here?

They re-signed Marqise Lee and signed Donte Moncrief to go with two promising second-year wideouts in Dede Westbrook and Keelan Cole. They also seem to be building around defense and the running game. Bortles is the X factor, but I think they'll be fine.

Breeland to the Pack could become quite a distinct possibility now. We were rumoured to be after him. Carolina addressed the position with Cockrell and Gaines is off the market now also. 

These past few days the CB market has heated up. We are basically down to DRC or Breeland.

57 minutes ago, IrishGreen said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’d prefer a top S, I just would rather make sure my corner situation was solid. 

I just think guys like Collins or Thomas are rare. I don’t really see many like that, so it’s like unless one is available? Eh

fair enough though 

It's not just Collins for me though. Obviously stars there are huge. But I don't personally think it's the after though position I used to think it was. 

I think Reid at 5 is with every dime myself

Excuse my ignorance, but why can’t players sign even if they can’t pass a physical yet? Is It a team by team decision? Sherman is still recovering from surgery so no way he passed a physical but was signed almost immediately. Is it a caliber of player thing? Like teams are willing to take the injury risk on superstars but not on guys like Breeland or Ryan Grant?

2 hours ago, IrishGreen said:

There is no need for Reid on this roster. Safeties just aren’t worth it in FA. 

I'd rather have Reid long term than HHCD who played like a terrible back up last year.  HHCD played every bit as bad as our CBs last year.  Giving him a huge contract knowing that he's capable of that sort of effort is absolutely terrifying.  Reid may not have the upside but he's also not going to give his team the sport of putrid effort HHCD gave last year.

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd be glad to see House back.  King, House, Williams and Rollins probably isn't even the worst corner group in the NFL. 

Agreed. We get King to take a second year leap and get Rollins to do anything but suck, and that’s not a terrible group. Not ideal but could be worse. Obviously will add a high round pick as well. 

4 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I'd be glad to see House back.  King, House, Williams and Rollins probably isn't even the worst corner group in the NFL. 

Only sign House if you know you are not getting Breeland or DRC. I'd pay Breeland or DRC $7 million before I give $4 million to House. That being said, if all else fails, I'll take House over signing no one else before the the draft. At least he's insurance. 

6 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Agreed, still need a CB early as there is no future with that group, but it's better depth than we've had in awhile.

Makes the Matthews signing more important IMO. He's 26, if he's good on a short term deal, there's long term potential there, which makes a WR in the draft more of a day 3 priority. 

5 minutes ago, ArthurPensky said:

Please stop neglecting Herbie. 

I mean, Herb Waters is literally a nobody. Doesn't mean he cannot become somebody but every team in the NFL has 1 or 2 Herb Waters. Just because our CB coach said in passing one time that he "likes" him means nothing. He's a body who will get a chance to make the team as the No. 5 or 6 CB. If he grows from there, obviously that's great for us. 

Archived