2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The rumors of Gronkowski not really wanting to retire, but not wanting to play for the Patriots are interesting.  Allegedly, he wanted to do what Brady's trainer wanted.  New England didn't want that.  He almost retired in training camp of this past season. 

Bakhtiari just tried recruiting him here with Twitter.  He also tried recruiting Wilkerson, which I don't like. 

Curious, why wouldn’t you want Wilkerson here?

16 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Curious, why wouldn’t you want Wilkerson here?

Did you not read any of the reports on him?  First, look at how often a DL gets a contract and then disappears.  It's common among defensive linemen more than probably any other position.  It's happened to us plenty of times, especially with Raji.  They play like hell at the end of their rookie deals, then get the money, then their production drops significantly until a year or two before their next contract.  Same thing just happened with Wilkerson.  Constant tardiness, accusations of being lazy, not actually playing hard...

Then there's the fact that we're already strong on the DL.  It would be nice to have, but it would be nicer to have upgrades at positions we're already weak at.  Just like it would be nice to have Rodgers and also Kirk Cousins, but there's a thing called a salary cap and that has to be considered.

If Wilkerson pulls a Poe and signs here to show off for a year and then get us a compensatory pick and get paid somewhere else, I'll be as happy as everyone.  If he signs a 3 year contract, it won't end well. 

Wilkerson is interesting because Pettine coached him. There is an idea that someone like Vita Vea takes us the route the Eagles have gone, and the Giants before them, with great success. Don't know if we can afford that luxury considering the other holes we have. Wilkerson would allow us to give it a shot. He wasn't horrible last year, just wasn't worth the big money he signed for. He is only 28. Montravius Adams already carries the lazy tag so who knows. Otherwise just pencil Wilkerson to New England where he revitalizes his career and becomes Richard Seymour.

Mike Daniels - 14 GP 49 tackles 5 sacks

Wilkerson - 13 GP 46 tackles 3.5 sacks 1 int

Just Sayin .....

Per Rapoport

The #Packers have reached out to his Agent hoping to put a deal in place. Recently hired Brian Gutekunst looking to add to this roster fast.

Looks like Gutz is digging under every rock.

18 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Per Rapoport

The #Packers have reached out to his Agent hoping to put a deal in place. Recently hired Brian Gutekunst looking to add to this roster fast.

Looks like Gutz is digging under every rock.

Fake account. 

What about Frank Gore?  Colts are or have released him.  My thinking is bring him in as Veteran Leadership and insurance for Williams and Jones in the backfield.  What you all think?  Also, what's your feeling about T.J. Ward replacing Burnett?  I might be wrong, but I think he had his best years in Cleveland with our new DC?

Archived