2018 Free Agency - Prospects for GB

Sasquatch

18 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

Interesting notes.  I seriously have doubts that Fackrell could have played any worse than CMIII last night.  

He did, he was the one responsible for giving up the edge on Howard's late run to the left late in the fourth. Good thing he stepped out of bounds and MM challenged it or that could have been a disaster. I didn't watch all 4 of his plays but that 1 out of 4 was an epic failure. I"ve defended him but his ability to hold an edge is about as goods as mine from my arm chair.

I would also have asked Pettine why have him out there in our 3rd of the field but you can't do much when your other OLB's need a blow. Gilbert played very well and shoot give me anyone on the outside other then Fackerell.

I like Ha-Ha and think he is a good player. But I am not ready to pay him top Safety money this offseason. He just isn't consistent enough for me. I would like to see if Seahawks would do a Ha-ha and 4th rnd pick for Earl Thomas swap. Seattle gets a young Safety who has shown flashes of being elite and a decent draft pick. and the Pack get the All Pro Safety/Jack of All trades/Field general that could put this defense over the top.

I think our need at OLB is greater, but there is no one on the market who could make as big of an impact as Earl Thomas.

Just now, KingOfTheNorth said:

I like Ha-Ha and think he is a good player. But I am not ready to pay him top Safety money this offseason. He just isn't consistent enough for me. I would like to see if Seahawks would do a Ha-ha and 4th rnd pick for Earl Thomas swap. Seattle gets a young Safety who has shown flashes of being elite and a decent draft pick. and the Pack get the All Pro Safety/Jack of All trades/Field general that could put this defense over the top.

I think our need at OLB is greater, but there is no one on the market who could make as big of an impact as Earl Thomas.

There's been some chatter that Joey Bosa could be a target at some point soon (probably this next offseason).  The Chargers aren't going to be able to pay him what he will want.  I really expect the Packers to be in on all big name DE's/OLB's that are being shopped around.

Just now, {Family Ghost} said:

There's been some chatter that Joey Bosa could be a target at some point soon (probably this next offseason).  The Chargers aren't going to be able to pay him what he will want.  I really expect the Packers to be in on all big name DE's/OLB's that are being shopped around.

I hope so. Clay looked outmatched. HIs motor was great, but he was clearly outmatched by what I though was a mediocre O-line. Even our D-line didn't dominate like I expected. Maybe it was the Play calling of Nagy that kept them in check? I don't know, I am going to re-watch the game tonight and see what I can deduce. Was ecstatic about the end of the game, but overall bummed about our pass rush.

1 minute ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

I hope so. Clay looked outmatched. HIs motor was great, but he was clearly outmatched by what I though was a mediocre O-line. Even our D-line didn't dominate like I expected. Maybe it was the Play calling of Nagy that kept them in check? I don't know, I am going to re-watch the game tonight and see what I can deduce. Was ecstatic about the end of the game, but overall bummed about our pass rush.

I thought the D line played pretty well. Trubisky was pretty good about getting out of pressure situations. There wasn't those clean clean pockets like we saw last year from this defense. 

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

I thought the D line played pretty well. Trubisky was pretty good about getting out of pressure situations. There wasn't those clean clean pockets like we saw last year from this defense. 

How did you think they handled the run game? I saw a lot of congestion in the running lanes, but no one seemed to make the tackle. I was pre-gaming early yesterday, so I probably need to go back and watch again before drawing any conclusions on the game, haha.

10 minutes ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

How did you think they handled the run game? I saw a lot of congestion in the running lanes, but no one seemed to make the tackle. I was pre-gaming early yesterday, so I probably need to go back and watch again before drawing any conclusions on the game, haha.

Hot and cold. Run game I thought it was more the contain by the safeties/OLBs then it was a dline issue. 

6 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Clay Matthews played 86% of the defensive snaps last night, Perry played 59%, and Gilbert 53%. 

Fackrell played 4 of the 70 defensive snaps (6%).

These totals are interesting for several reasons.

First, there is no way Clay can continue to play so many snaps and be effective. We all saw how ineffective he was last evening and with his injury history and age, he will inevitably break down sooner rather than later at this rate.

Second, the Pack needs another OLBer to absorb some of these snaps and hopefully contribute on the field and it needs him now.

Third,  Reggie Gilbert, who played pretty well, is currently entrenched as, at worst, the third OLBer.

Fourth, the fact that Pettine only allowed Fackrell on the field for 4 plays reveals just what Junior thinks about him as a player.

Man, it's like nobody ever could have possibly seen this coming.  

Isn't it interesting that even though clay Matthews looked like absolute garbage, Pettine refused to put 51 on the field?

Maybe it had something to do with giving up contain on the edge.  Who would have ever seen that coming though?9_9

29 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Man, it's like nobody ever could have possibly seen this coming.  

Isn't it interesting that even though clay Matthews looked like absolute garbage, Pettine refused to put 51 on the field?

Maybe it had something to do with giving up contain on the edge.  Who would have ever seen that coming though?9_9

Most everyone has seen that Fackerell plays like Jane man we all know it but what are we gonna do about it. He's got some good size and speed. Maybe they hope someone will find a way to get him angry at some point this season. Darn shame with that size and speed combo. They need to hide all the Snickers bars in WI for the season:)

6 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Fackrell is 6'5" 245lbs. If he added 20lbs to that frame then I'd consider him having "good size"  

Ideally i'd like him on another team namely the Vikes, Bears or Lion's but his last images walking with Perry he actually looked like he's added some weight. It woudln't matter if he added anything he still is soft he's got not violence or ferocity to his game whatsoever. I mentioned it earlier in this thread i'd call Brooks up he's been in the locker room and for the 4-6 plays a game we need OLD 4 it would be good if he could at least hold an edge. 

Well, 3 of the guys that you all said weren't better than Fackrell are now on 53 man rosters.  Means, Orchard, and Zettle are all gone.  Elliott and Simon are likely the only two that actually fit the defensive scheme.  

I think a move needs to be made today.  

@Donzo  This is what your boy brings to the EDGE.  Dom knew that Clay couldn't play 60+ snaps a game and be effective.  Pettine couldn't care less.  He's not going to put 51 out there because of garbage like this.

7 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Well, 3 of the guys that you all said weren't better than Fackrell are now on 53 man rosters.  Means, Orchard, and Zettle are all gone.  Elliott and Simon are likely the only two that actually fit the defensive scheme.  

I think a move needs to be made today.  

@Donzo  This is what your boy brings to the EDGE.  Dom knew that Clay couldn't play 60+ snaps a game and be effective.  Pettine couldn't care less.  He's not going to put 51 out there because of garbage like this.

Everyone is wrong on that play. Yikes that is terrible.

Archived