Alex Smith - Deja Vu

e16bball

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh I saw that. I wanted to keep Cousins. I was one of the few who didn’t have a problem with franchising Cousins this year and paying him a contract like he got from the Vikings, most fans didn’t want to give Cousins the contract he got. They wanted him, but only if he was going to get paid $20 to $25 mil a year.

I think we need to get over the fact that Cousins gone because he’s not coming back.

The moron that let him leave for nothing is still here though.

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This is the reason why Dan Snyder does the stupid crap he does. You’ll always have dummies like this defending it to the grave. And if you even remotely think what Brady/Mahomes are doing is the same thing Smith is doing you should shut your TV off and never watch football again. 

Bingo.

I cannot fathom either the lack of understanding of the game or the intellectual dishonesty that comes from equating how Brady/Mahomes are playing and how Smith is playing.

51 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

So either Alex Smith is on par with Tom Brady and Mahomes, or Brady and Mahomes do a lot of the things Smith does well, but also do things well that Smith can't do well. *shrug* 

The latter. The other 2 QBs actually throw the ball downfield more than twice a game

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

So either Alex Smith is on par with Tom Brady and Mahomes, or Brady and Mahomes do a lot of the things Smith does well, but also do things well that Smith can't do well. *shrug* 

Well he’s obviously not the same as them. The point was just that they all three throw to the RB, slot wR & TEs a lot, especially Brady and Smith. 

42 minutes ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Just heard on the radio while grabbing lunch that the Redskins are 26th in the league in yards per play. That is abysmal.

3-2 though, I’ll take that! I expect the passing offense to get better as the season goes on, I think those #s will improve.

I mean we did just beat the Panthers w/o Crowder and CT (our 2nd and 3rd best WR options). You’d think people would be surprised and elated at that but I guess the priority is to hate the QB rather than be happy the team has a winning record.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

3-2 though, I’ll take that! I expect the passing offense to get better as the season goes on, I think those #s will improve.

I mean we did just beat the Panthers w/o Crowder and CT (our 2nd and 3rd best WR options). You’d think people would be surprised and elated at that but I guess the priority is to hate the QB rather than be happy the team has a winning record.

I don't get elated over finding fool's gold. 

47 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No. The priority is to not fawn over the QB sinply because we won. Hes being evaluated on his play. Our QB is not doing well on his own. He needs to have the running game to work before he can do well.

But some people want to erect strawmen about various things about Smith's play in order to defend him while also using, of all things, the TEAM's record. 

In short they want to be happy about "being right about Smith being a good QB" that they default to a team stat instead of his actual play on the field.

Which is fine, I guess. But those of us who are Smith skeptics still need to see the body of work after 16 games.

And right now, hes not trending up.

8 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

And? He took roughly the same money but on a better team. This is an example of him being a good businessman.

Mercenary you mean .  he played us and he played the Jets. Never would have signed with either . 

18 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Mercenary you mean .  he played us and he played the Jets. Never would have signed with either . 

In a league where they cut your *** as soon as they don't want you that is raking in billions, I'm all for the players getting their's and getting as much of it as they can.

Archived