Alex Smith - Deja Vu

e16bball

7 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. As @Thaiphoon has said time and again, it's a team game. A kicker misses a kick, a defense doesn't hold or loses an assignment, that still counts as a loss for the quarterback.
  2. The way he's playing, he's not going to get to victory & post season play.
  3. While the Redskins have had many QBs over that period, early returns on Smith do not have him comparing all that favorably against that admittedly low bar of talent.

Similarly, a team could have Tebow at QB and suck hard at that position and he gets one lucky pass and the team wins. Because the team also was playing great defense and special teams. And that goes in the W column. Neither is a reflection on how good the QB is.

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

29clyz6.jpg

4h3312.jpg

giphy.gif

You’re amazing at cherry picking stats. Cousins has 5 fumbles LOST! Which is the stat that matters! One of them was returned for a TD.

Cousins is doing a better job of not throwing ints this season, and really that hasn’t been a huge issue for from from 2015-17 bc of how much he throws but his fumbling is a huge issue.

Also, let’s not forget that Cousins got sacked by Clay Matthews and threw an int which would have resulted in the Vikings losing to the Packers, but the refs bailed him out with one of the worst roughing the passing calls in NFL HISTORY!

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

You’re amazing at cherry picking stats. Cousins has 5 fumbles LOST! Which is the stat that matters! One of them was returned for a TD.

Cousins is doing a better job of not throwing ints this season, and really that hasn’t been a huge issue for from from 2015-17 bc of how much he throws but his fumbling is a huge issue.

Also, let’s not forget that Cousins got sacked by Clay Matthews and threw an int which would have resulted in the Vikings losing to the Packers, but the refs bailed him out with one of the worst roughing the passing calls in NFL HISTORY!

Turtle: GO TO THE VIKINGS BOARD IF YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT COUSINS!! EVEN THOUGH IM GOING TO TALK ABOUT COUSINS NONSTOP!!!

Talk about cherry picking. You cherry picked leaving the most essential part out of my post. 

Im glad youre the way you are. When your making up random stuff while trying to get last word in as if it matters there was a flag on some random play out of 1000 played. I know Ive won. And I know, because I have 4 preteens that do the same thing.

On 10/17/2018 at 10:26 PM, MKnight82 said:

Personally I’m going to have to see Alex Smith win a lot more dome games until I’m sold on him.  

Dome games? We play in dome games at most 4 times a year, and usually only 2 or 3 times.

We've never really been a good dome team as a franchise, I’m not sure what’s up with that but we just haven’t. So, I’m not sure losing in a dome is a reflection of just the QB or how our team isn’t used to playing in one consistently.

45 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Didn't you do that earlier by just posting Alex Smith was 30 yards better than Cousins through 4 games?

Well vs Cousins from last year. Yes, it’s a meaningless stat, I understand that but it was comparing how Cousins also struggled last year at the beginning of the year and the year before that and the year before that. 

Most complain that Gruden’s teams have always started the season slow, well actually this year we haven’t. We are 3-2 after 5 games, I don’t really care how or why we are 3-2, I just care that we have a winning record after the 1st 3rd Ld the season. If we do that 2 more times we’ll have a winning record at the end of the year.

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Forcing a fumble is a skill. Recovering a fumble is luck (case in point, the strip of Cam Newton that fell right into the hands of the Panthers' lineman, or when Pernell McPhee tried to scoop up the ball against the Saints instead of just diving on it).

50 minutes ago, Woz said:

Forcing a fumble is a skill. Recovering a fumble is luck (case in point, the strip of Cam Newton that fell right into the hands of the Panthers' lineman, or when Pernell McPhee tried to scoop up the ball against the Saints instead of just diving on it).

Sure but it is what it is. We lost a lot of Cousins’ fumbles in years past too.

Smith- the guy has to learn a new system. New H C, new O C . He hasn't had healthy wideouts all year and they are questionable when healthy! We lose two rookie receivers opening game that I think would have added very good depth to the situation. Thompson didn't play preseason and missed last week. Our starting projected R B tore his ACL and a 33 year old is brought in at the last minute. The center is playing L G and a back up is playing center. The left tackle is coming off two knee surgeries and the R T ankle surgery. The R G is probably playing with a torn MCL . 

The only healthy unit ( knock , knock ) has been the T E's . Smith struggling-is it any wonder ?   

Archived