Alex Smith - Deja Vu

e16bball

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

This is the reason why Dan Snyder does the stupid crap he does. You’ll always have dummies like this defending it to the grave. And if you even remotely think what Brady/Mahomes are doing is the same thing Smith is doing you should shut your TV off and never watch football again. 

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

This is the reason why Dan Snyder does the stupid crap he does. You’ll always have dummies like this defending it to the grave. And if you even remotely think what Brady/Mahomes are doing is the same thing Smith is doing you should shut your TV off and never watch football again. 

Brady lives off throwing to his RBs like White, to his slot WR Edelman and to Gronkowski. This has been true for years. I pointed this out when Cousins was our QB too and people said all he ever did was check down.

7 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Does the person youre quoting know that with dumping if off enough to have a RB as leading receiver that Alex still isnt in the top 10 for comp percentage?

I don’t think this is a huge deal when Alex is completing 64% of his passes and the top QBs are with in 7% points of that except for Brees who also throws to his RBs most of the game and short passes to Michael Thomas that are mostly less than 10 yards. 

The difference between Alex at 64% & 67% is just 5 completions over 5 games.

So, nice try on cherry picking a stat.

8 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I recall a recent thread that purportedly highlighted how Alex Smith is really one of the best deep throwing QB’s and many fans were mistakenly calling him Checkdown Alex.

But remember, doing something for the first time in your 12+ year career means it is now a staple of who you are. 

I stayed away from the board every since the end of the season last year.  Then after the news that Cousins was gone and we got Smith PLUS we gave Fuller and a pick to the guy that fleeced us last time we traded with him for a QB I honestly had to check my fan-hood if its strong enough to support a team run by an owner that doesn't seem to learn and a manager that has made so many boneheaded mistakes.  In the meantime I prayed that Smith somehow has learned after years in the league to be a little more aggressive, a little more of a gamer.  What I have seen so far is the total opposite.  You guys can say we just don't have the receivers and try to make excuses for this guy but the fact of the matter is, he is not accurate, he is not aggressive, he is not seeing the field, he can't hit the open man, and a lot of his throws are high.  Honestly at this time I would love to see Colt in there because with our schedule and our D I think with him we can be decent.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think this is a huge deal when Alex is completing 64% of his passes and the top QBs are with in 7% points of that except for Brees who also throws to his RBs most of the game and short passes to Michael Thomas that are mostly less than 10 yards. 

The difference between Alex at 64% & 67% is just 5 completions over 5 games.

So, nice try on cherry picking a stat.

Want another cherry picked stat.

Cousins is completing over 71% of his passes. And is in the top 10 in near a dozen other categories like yards per comp, td passes and such. Which Alex is in none of.

2 hours ago, Jeezy Fanatic said:

Mahomes throwing to Kareem Hunt 30 yards down field on a wheel route = Alex Smith throwing a swing pass to AP (AD/ADP?) with a safety on top of him obviously

Alex Smith did the same thing when they played the patriots last year when he was in that offense. Last time I checked he did the same thing with Tyreke Hill and they beat the Patriotsz

18 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Want another cherry picked stat.

Cousins is completing over 71% of his passes. And is in the top 10 in near a dozen other categories like yards per comp, td passes and such. Which Alex is in none of.

Oh I saw that. I wanted to keep Cousins. I was one of the few who didn’t have a problem with franchising Cousins this year and paying him a contract like he got from the Vikings, most fans didn’t want to give Cousins the contract he got. They wanted him, but only if he was going to get paid $20 to $25 mil a year.

I think we need to get over the fact that Cousins gone because he’s not coming back.

Archived