Alex Smith - Deja Vu

e16bball

11 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

You win games, when you run the football.

use the clock, not turn the ball over.

Cousins did none of that for us.

In fact, we were throwing the ball @ a ridiculous rate because Cousins is so awesome.

We were a 1-dimensional football team. We also never let our defense rest, because of this.

Alex is very good WHEN he has a good RB.

Why?

Because he plays smart & conservative. Doesn't turn the ball over very often at all.

AP is an old HOFer behind Alex.

This is why we are winning & will continue to do so. Old school football!

The way it used to be played.

Were also doing enough, to let our Defense play with inspiration. Instead of gassed by the all pass quick 3 & outs.

Would we win with cousins & Peterson?

No, because Cousins has to throw 35 passes a game & Peterson would never see the ball.

Cousins IS the better passing QB. No doubt.

Alex is the better fit for the Washington Redskins & how we should play going forward.

If we want any chance at the Playoffs, that is.

Did cousins call the plays? Nope so your point is ..... pointless 

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Like Andrew Lucks two interceptions that Alex Smith couldn’t capitalize on? 

Not sure what a game from a month ago has to do with my comparison of the last time Kirk played Carolina - with mostly the same Carolina personnel - and what the outcome was today.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Not sure what a game from a month ago has to do with my comparison of the last time Kirk played Carolina - with mostly the same Carolina personnel - and what the outcome was today.

If you don’t see the relevancy of my comment then that’s one you, not me. 

Some of you guys are just grouches. Wont & can't be happy after a win, no matter what.

We'll probably be debating the same topics, when Alex & the Skins are playing in Atlanta in February.

"yea, but he's never won the big game, yet"

"We got here on Petersons back"

"We had an easy schedule. Cousins would have given us the #1 seed"

"The NFC East was a down year. Alex got lucky"

"Yea, but he didn't face Minnesota to really earn it"

It's all comical now.

17 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Some of you guys are just grouches. Wont & can't be happy after a win, no matter what.

We'll probably be debating the same topics, when Alex & the Skins are playing in Atlanta in February.

It's all comical now.

That’s fine if that’s your opinion, but you better be prepared to eat crow if the Vikings make the playoffs and the Redskins don’t.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Wait...you're complaining about a game in the current season when you've used a game from 2 seasons ago???

Man, that's a bold strategy...

4 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Wait...you're complaining about a game in the current season when you've used a game from 2 seasons ago???

Man, that's a bold strategy...

It’s a comparison of the teams and the personnel of Panthers team currently is similar to the Panthers of 2016. 

The Colts game this year has no relevance to my point that when the season was on the line in 2016 the Redskins as a team lost to the Panthers and Kirk had two turnovers. This year, with a Redskins team that looked a lot different with Alex leading it and with a Panthers team with a lot of the same personnel, the Redskins won and Alex had 2 TD passes and 0 turnovers.

Again, TDs win you games, turnovers lose you games.

The damn Colts game is over, and the fact that’s it’s probably going to be brought up as a “YEAH BUT,” all year long when we win a game or if Alex has a good game has already become an annoying point from the Alex Smith haters.

8 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

It's all comical now.

You could argue those are true right now xD

Truth is none of us know what to make of Smith yet. I mean I was down on Alex too after last week. How could you not be. Than you look up after the 5th game, were in 1st heading into 2 winnable division games and he’s beaten Rodgers and Cam. Does he need a running game to be successful? Sure. He isn’t Pat Mahomes who will create a 70 yard TD out of nothing. That’s why the 2 best coaches he had, Harbaugh and Reid were so quick to replace him. 

Bottom line is he’ll win ball games and we’ll be giving all the credit to anyone but Alex Smith. He’ll leave our head scratching after some losses and we’ll be looking to ship him out of town. 

Look at the other free agent QBs we could have had outside of Kirk. Keenum is about to lose his job. Bradford lost his job. McCarron and Bridgewater didn’t make it to opening day. I’d hate to do this but the FO deserves some credit for going out and bringing in Smith in a trade before FA hit. 

25 minutes ago, bigdog44 said:

Truth is none of us know what to make of Smith yet. I mean I was down on Alex too after last week. How could you not be. Than you look up after the 5th game, were in 1st heading into 2 winnable division games and he’s beaten Rodgers and Cam. Does he need a running game to be successful? Sure. He isn’t Pat Mahomes who will create a 70 yard TD out of nothing. That’s why the 2 best coaches he had, Harbaugh and Reid were so quick to replace him. 

Bottom line is he’ll win ball games and we’ll be giving all the credit to anyone but Alex Smith. He’ll leave our head scratching after some losses and we’ll be looking to ship him out of town. 

Look at the other free agent QBs we could have had outside of Kirk. Keenum is about to lose his job. Bradford lost his job. McCarron and Bridgewater didn’t make it to opening day. I’d hate to do this but the FO deserves some credit for going out and bringing in Smith in a trade before FA hit. 

I think the argument was made that, while Alex was the best of what was available (minus the guy who left us), is this team good enough to become a playoff team with him, or are we still just middle of the road. Did it make more sense to go get a rookie QB instead and have a bridge guy/start him immediately (or like turtle wants, sit him for a month because apparently that's the sweet spot). 

Alex Smith didn't play very well yesterday. Some of that may be Jay Gruden's crap second half playcalling, but I'm not sure this is a game I would thump my chest about Alex over. 

Alex is who his detractors said he would be. A game manager, who can win you games when you have a strong running game and good defensive play. I don't think anyone expected him to be a Ryan Leaf, but he also hasn't stepped up and carried us to a win yet either. Feels like an 8-8 type of year, where we're a decent team, but you're just left wanting a little bit more.

Archived