Alex Smith - Deja Vu

e16bball

13 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Smith- the guy has to learn a new system. New H C, new O C . He hasn't had healthy wideouts all year and they are questionable when healthy! We lose two rookie receivers opening game that I think would have added very good depth to the situation. Thompson didn't play preseason and missed last week. Our starting projected R B tore his ACL and a 33 year old is brought in at the last minute. The center is playing L G and a back up is playing center. The left tackle is coming off two knee surgeries and the R T ankle surgery. The R G is probably playing with a torn MCL . 

The only healthy unit ( knock , knock ) has been the T E's . Smith struggling-is it any wonder ?   

I mean, Cousins had the same (worse) situation with WRs last year... 

17 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Smith- the guy has to learn a new system. New H C, new O C . He hasn't had healthy wideouts all year and they are questionable when healthy! We lose two rookie receivers opening game that I think would have added very good depth to the situation. Thompson didn't play preseason and missed last week. Our starting projected R B tore his ACL and a 33 year old is brought in at the last minute. The center is playing L G and a back up is playing center. The left tackle is coming off two knee surgeries and the R T ankle surgery. The R G is probably playing with a torn MCL . 

The only healthy unit ( knock , knock ) has been the T E's . Smith struggling-is it any wonder ?   

Alex has had to deal with learning new systems many times. But under coaching like Andys and Harbaughs, he was doing well his first season with them.

Our coaching sucks. Cousins is excelling away from Gruden and clicking with his receivers to a tune of 71% comps in a new system. And has no more time than Alex has had in for a clean pocket.

We keep this joke of a coach. And give away a youthful guy that was coach of the year and ran the top offense in the league.

Redskins almost always do better with washed up veterans.

This washed up QB, RB & even TE in Davis are key cogs' to this successful season.

I'm waiting with anticipation each week to see us roll to the playoffs. I'm loving this season. Haven't been this excited since Gibbs 2.0.

Were currently doing what I say we needed to starting with Saints game.

And that was winning 4/7 of the games, as they're all NFC &/or Divisional matchups.

So far, were 1 of 2. With Cowboys & Giants looking, these would really be huge wins for us.

Keep playing the way you are Skins.

Run the ball, run play action, score early, build big leads, play tough defense, cause turn overs, do well on Special Teams, don't make any stupid bone-headed mistakes--Win game!

Do that & we'll be playing in January.

While you others will be ooohing & awwwing over Cousins football fantasy numbers & wishing he was still our guy.

While the Vikings go 7-8-1 for the season.

?

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

This washed up QB, RB & even TE in Davis are key cogs' to this successful season.

I'm waiting with anticipation each week to see us roll to the playoffs. I'm loving this season. Haven't been this excited since Gibbs 2.0.

And that was winning 4/7 of the games, as they're all NFC &/or Divisional matchups.

So far, were 1 of 2. With Cowboys & Giants looking, these would really be huge wins for us.

Run the ball, run play action, score early, build big leads, play tough defense, cause turn overs, do well on Special Teams, don't make any stupid bone-headed mistakes--Win game!

While you others will be ooohing & awwwing over Cousins football fantasy numbers & wishing he was still our guy.

?

4160_8976_jim-carrey-onfire_200_217.gif

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Jordan Reed didn’t play a snap in the preseason either.

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

?

You sound like a UVA or Purdue fan that hopes their team merely gets a bowl birth and is ecstatic about the Dollar General Bowl invite.

Giants and Cowboys are weak enough that we can trample them pretty easily from the looks of things currently. So we should be in good shape to hit the playoffs. Bad thing is were no real threat to anyone else in the playoffs. And it will boil down to coaching, not who is qb.

Youre blindly looking at it as people "ooohing & awwwing" over Cousins numbers. When were saying how hes been brought along in a totally new system compared to Alex under Jays tutelage. The offense is not clicking or productive as it should be because Jay is mediocre at best.

Just now, PARROTHEAD said:

You sound like a UVA or Purdue fan that hopes their team merely gets a bowl birth and is ecstatic about the Dollar General Bowl invite.

Oy!

We know we're going to lose so we don't care about the Dollar General Bowl or travel to it anyway! Take THAT!!

wait a second ...

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Yes, but by then Cousins was in his 4th year in Gruden’s offense and he had as much chemistry with Ryan Grant as he had with any other WR or TE bc he had been throwing to Grant since preseason of 2014.

9 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

And OL. Remember, we were playing guys on the OL we just signed that week.

No running game. We have one now

Reed was gone

Crowder was sucking.

Pryor and Dox were our WR

And our defense is actually playing defense

Smith has a far better cast around him this year than Kirk did last year

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, but by then Cousins was in his 4th year in Gruden’s offense and he had as much chemistry with Ryan Grant as he had with any other WR or TE bc he had been throwing to Grant since preseason of 2014.

He and Smith are both in their first years in a new offense, HC, etc... now

11 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Alex has had to deal with learning new systems many times. But under coaching like Andys and Harbaughs, he was doing well his first season with them.

Our coaching sucks. Cousins is excelling away from Gruden and clicking with his receivers to a tune of 71% comps in a new system. And has no more time than Alex has had in for a clean pocket.

We keep this joke of a coach. And give away a youthful guy that was coach of the year and ran the top offense in the league.

This is not true at all about how Alex started his time the first 5 games in Harbaugh and Reid’s offenses in 2011 and 2013.

2011: 965 yds, 7 TDs

2013: 1, 202 yds 7 TDs 

Cousins has had mostly good games throwing to arguably the top starting WR tandem in that league (who made Keenum look like a pro bowler last year), but he also had a hell of a dud vs the Bills, just like Alex had a dud in NO on Monday night. Cousins also made huge mistakes vs Green Bay and was lucky his 2nd awful int got bailed out by the worst roughing the passer call in NFL history on Clay Matthews.

The Matthews penalty overturned  an interception by Jaire Alexander with 1:45 left that would have allowed the Packers to run out the clock.

Bad games happen to all QBs, even the elite ones, look at big Bens first few games this year. Alex bounced back vs a great Panthers D with 2 TDs though.

Archived