General Final Fantasy Thread

On 8/25/2017 at 9:57 AM, titansNvolsR#1 said:

I have no idea what these last posts mean since I've only played the best and only FF worth playing. (IX)

I am currently in the midst of replaying FF IX. Love this game. Glad they released it on PSN finally. Been jonesing to play it for a few years and my brother has our old copy of it.

Still on Disc 2, but taking my time going through things on purpose. Just got to the Outer Continent, about to check out the Black Mage Village.

• 4 months later...

Man, too many games I still need to play.    Sadly just cant get into games the way I used to.

About 11 years ago, I got pretty far into Final Fantasy 12.    Didnt love the game but it was still fun....but at the time I was working a pretty tough job on top of National Guard stuff, so I stopped playing the game about 3/4 of the way through and never finished it.    I really want to play it again, but again, too many other games I need to play.

Still want to play FFXV.   Is it worth it?    I hear mixed reviews but most people seem to think its at least okay.     

Rumor is that if the final fantasy 7 remake does well commercially then Square is giving heavy consideration to doing it with other games in the series (the most likely candidates being 6, 8, and 9). 

I've always had a soft spot for 8 so I'd absolutely love to see them remake it after 7...the only thing this makes me wonder is how long it may be until we actually get a new entry in the series if they do this...these full remakes take a LOT of resources and idk if they'd want to spread themselves too thin trying to make a new entry while doing these remakes. 

16 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Still want to play FFXV.   Is it worth it?    I hear mixed reviews but most people seem to think its at least okay.     

If you're not a die hard, turn based fighting gamer, yes, it's worth it. I really enjoyed it

And the FF VII remake will do amazing. Can't see too many people not wanting the game. I'll be getting it immediately and will stop what I'm playing to play it. I cannot wait

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

If you're not a die hard, turn based fighting gamer, yes, it's worth it. I really enjoyed it

I know alot of diehard FF fans bashed the game for that, but I can get into any game that has a good narrative, fun gameplay and an interesting world to explore.     

Ill definitely be trying it sometime.....but not sure when.   Im just starting up Dragon Age Inquistion right now.   We will see if I can get into it.  

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I know alot of diehard FF fans bashed the game for that, but I can get into any game that has a good narrative, fun gameplay and an interesting world to explore.     

Ill definitely be trying it sometime.....but not sure when.   Im just starting up Dragon Age Inquistion right now.   We will see if I can get into it.  

The narrative is iffy but gameplay and the world are excellent! It gets very linear after getting off the main land though.

Justmy .02

• Like 1