E3 2018 and upcoming titles

riceman80

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

You can play the entire game solo.

Bethesda revealed more details about its upcoming Fallout game, Fallout 76, confirming this evening at its E3 press conference that the game is an online-only multiplayer experience arriving on November 14th, 2018."

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/10/17447476/fallout-76-online-game-multiplayer-trailer-bethesda-e3-2018 - source.

While I'd bet money you can play as a solo player like 90% of online survival games it's online only. Meaning it's an MMO and while that's fine (I get the appeal don't get me wrong) but that is not my thing.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

So ES6 is Elsweyr. Right? That looked a lot like Elsweyr.

I don't think there was enough to say. Didn't think it looked that much different from Cyrodiil to me.

Top minds on reddit are saying High Rock. 

6 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Bethesda revealed more details about its upcoming Fallout game, Fallout 76, confirming this evening at its E3 press conference that the game is an online-only multiplayer experience arriving on November 14th, 2018."

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/10/17447476/fallout-76-online-game-multiplayer-trailer-bethesda-e3-2018 - source.

While I'd bet money you can play as a solo player like 90% of online survival games it's online only. Meaning it's an MMO and while that's fine (I get the appeal don't get me wrong) but that is not my thing.

He specifically stated multiple times during the press conference that you can play the entire game solo if you want.

16 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

He specifically stated multiple times during the press conference that you can play the entire game solo if you want.

You are in fact correct, my apologies. Still the online only part is my main hang up.

1 hour ago, DingoLadd said:

You are in fact correct, my apologies. Still the online only part is my main hang up.

Online only can mean a heck of a lot of things nowadays. It's not uncommon for games with co-op to be online only, even if the co-op itself isn't necessarily mandatory. Both Destinys, Diablo 3, ESO, etc. Games where you can do pretty much anything but the highest level content solo, but it's online only either for piracy prevention or just for random interactions in the game world. As long as it isn't like GTA V style online, where it just sort of auto-dumps you in an online lobby, and whether the other guys in your lobby are going to be helpful, AFK, or sadistic idiots with too many shark cards, I don't care. If it's just like ESO or Destiny, where I can go about doing my own stuff, I'll just occasionally stumble on and maybe help other people also doing their own stuff, I don't really care. Barely impacts the experience. But I dunno, we'll see. We still don't have enough info about the game IMO to either complain or have faith. Though Bethesda warrants some benefit of the doubt, moreso than most gaming companies anyway. ESO would've been the last time they disappointed me, but even that they supposedly fixed after listening to feedback.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Kingdom Hearts 3 actually has a release date.  If they push it back again, I'm going to be very heated lol

They better not cuz im scheduling a week of vacation the week it comes out.

Words cannot explain my anticipation for Sora's final adventure. The heartless of Aqua at the trailer's end gave me chills. The game is gonna have to be crazy long and complex just to tie everything together.

59 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

They better not cuz im scheduling a week of vacation the week it comes out.

Words cannot explain my anticipation for Sora's final adventure. The heartless of Aqua at the trailer's end gave me chills. The game is gonna have to be crazy long and complex just to tie everything together.

I'm hoping they don't, either.  Game looked awesome today.  I really want them to re-release the at least the first two games of the series, especially for Xbox players before the third one hits.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm hoping they don't, either.  Game looked awesome today.  I really want them to re-release the at least the first two games of the series, especially for Xbox players before the third one hits.

They re-released everything under the sun, surprised they haven't done it for Xbox yet given it has had zero KH games on it. 

3 hours ago, showtime said:

Not gonna happen, not if they release on time anyway (fingers crossed, gawd please). Sony must have had some rights that prevented 1.5 + 2.5 being released on the Xbox, otherwise I see no reason why they wouldn't have. Even all the way back when 1.5 first dropped in 2013, I think KH3 coming out on both consoles was already confirmed, so I theorize there was an issue with rights.

Xbox players are defnitely missing out, the 1.5 + 2.5 collection is awesome for just one disc. Final mix editions of main games remastered in HD and then the console remakes of CoM and BBS.

Maybe I'm wrong, but we never got a hard release date before did we? Just "Q4" or other vague release dates, but this is a solid date, we've got trailers, people have played demos, I am very confident it's for real this time.... only took 13.5 years!

31 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Not gonna happen, not if they release on time anyway (fingers crossed, gawd please). Sony must have had some rights that prevented 1.5 + 2.5 being released on the Xbox, otherwise I see no reason why they wouldn't have. Even all the way back when 1.5 first dropped in 2013, I think KH3 coming out on both consoles was already confirmed, so I theorize there was an issue with rights.

Xbox players are defnitely missing out, the 1.5 + 2.5 collection is awesome for just one disc. Final mix editions of main games remastered in HD and then the console remakes of CoM and BBS.

Maybe I'm wrong, but we never got a hard release date before did we? Just "Q4" or other vague release dates, but this is a solid date, we've got trailers, people have played demos, I am very confident it's for real this time.... only took 13.5 years!

We never got anything more than Q4 of 2018 as you said, main reason (I'm guessing) is they got feedback from the people who played the demo at the may event and are going to use that to improve the game over another month or two and thus why the game was delayed from (Probably December?) to 1/29/2019. 

Archived