BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Man, you are blowing this entirely out of proportion. And no, no one is PM'ing each other about veto'ing trades, my point was that we have a committee and your original post made it seem like random league members were doing it.

You missed my point. 

I'm saying "what if the trade committee acted like the rulings committee did with this situation" then no one would be on board. 

And no I really don't think I'm blowing this out of proportion , and if you disagree then you can either explain to me why I'm wrong or silently think less of me. I woke up and saw that people were  PMing each other about an issue with the league, and those PMs directly resulted in the outcome of a game changing. I had to post about four times before anyone actually explained why Nacho's votes were compromised, and there posts were people were clearly trying to hide the info from others. Then, when I directly asked when were others told, I was told that we were told right away which was so clearly not true that I can't help but think it was deceitful. I also get a "this will probably happen again" from someone directly involved and I'm not okay with that at all. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

and those PMs directly resulted in the outcome of a game changing

Did I miss this part? Looks like whatever the issue was has been clarified and nothing has changed.

3 minutes ago, Whicker said:

I also get a "this will probably happen again" from someone directly involved and I'm not okay with that at all. 

What will happen again? Voting issues? This is always a thing, even back from the old forums. There are always random votes cast with no explanations (which is why we started requiring them) that we needed to verify from time to time. 

None of what happened today was malicious, it was two people asking a question and trying not to completely derail a still active voting situation when their questions arose. At least that's what it seemed like to me.

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Did I miss this part? Looks like whatever the issue was has been clarified and nothing has changed.

9 hours ago, ny92mike said:

With the voting closed, I tallied up the scores and plugged them in the workbook schedule and standings sheet.  Hope that's cool.

9 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

There are extenuating circumstances that make the votes in question invalid imo.  I can explain why in a PM.

8 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

they have not been erased from every match up.  either they stand for all or they stand for none

8 hours ago, ny92mike said:

So after removing the non BDL votes the Rome and Singapore matchup has ended in a tie 8 - 8.

What happens next?

Ignore what the final decision was. This is what I saw when I woke up this morning. This is what I'm talking about.

4 minutes ago, Jlash said:

What will happen again? Voting issues? This is always a thing, even back from the old forums. There are always random votes cast with no explanations (which is why we started requiring them) that we needed to verify from time to time.

8 hours ago, Whicker said:

Agreed with this. If there's something going on then a group of people privately discussing it looks really bad. This affects us all and all of us need to know all the facts of what's going on

8 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

also, this is why we have a ruling committee, we will be as transparant as possible

5 hours ago, TedLavie said:

Whicker, I have no idea why you're taking this so at heart, but we have a ruling committee in place to deal with those situations, and we've PMed privately before, it will probably happen again. Thankfully, it doesn't happen often, but considering it's just an interpretation, I thought it would be better to be handled in private at first, as I explained earlier. Maybe it was wrong, I don't know, but it's done.

What will happen again is the private messaging between committee members when another just stated he wanted to be as transparent as possible

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

None of what happened today was malicious, it was two people asking a question and trying not to completely derail a still active voting situation when their questions arose. At least that's what it seemed like to me.

I never said the intent was malicious. I said it looks shady and gave my explanation as to why, and I want to make sure that going forward no one ever has a reason to suspect anything malicious. Allowing the status quo will allow for more status quo.