BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

7 minutes ago, Jlash said:

As a counter point, maybe do something to highlight the changes you're making. One blob of a paragraph with the names of players bolded isn't exactly appealing.

But again, it's everyone else.

It’s the first time I’ve heard this. TLDR is a great summary that makes reading an actual writeup less imperative.

4 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Yea i'll admit to that, I generally dislike the format of your gameplans @MD4L. I'm not sure what impact that has on my voting, if any, but i'll at least recognize it.

I can go on tangents occasionally so the bolded should help people skim through writeups. 

I had DJ Swearinger a couple years ago and Dee Ford last season. They were genuinely unappreciated bc circumstance and injury. I’d be surprised if Kelvin Benjamin doesn’t reinvigorate himself pending on what happens with his real-life situation.

4 minutes ago, MD4L said:

It’s the first time I’ve heard this. TLDR is a great summary that makes reading an actual writeup less imperative.

I can go on tangents occasionally so the bolded should help people skim through writeups. 

Facepalm gif

Just now, Jlash said:

Facepalm gif

I don’t apologize for that. So I’m supposed to do it exactly like the way you do? You can read the entire writeup or look at TLDR section and cross back to the lengthy portion for a general sense of my teams strategy. Either way, today is the first time I’ve received feedback on gameplans in 2018 season.

3 hours ago, MD4L said:

So I’m supposed to do it exactly like the way you do

Not at all, but if you feel like game plan changes are getting overlooked maybe you do it differently. If people are missing your point, it becomes your problem, not theirs as voters. 

Clarity is key.

1 hour ago, Hockey5djh said:

So....with two weeks left in the regular season....anyone feel like being awesome and laying out the playoff implications for those of us less than 100%? I know its divison winners and 4 "wildcards" but outside of that I'm fuzzy.

Rome won Atlantic division. Orlando won the East. They are tied but Rome currently has the tiebreaker in virtue of net points. Orlando has @Seoul and Gotham left. Rome has @OKC and Ivory Coast. Similar schedules

OKC and Louisiana clinched playoff spots. OKC is leading by 0.5 wins. The winner of that race get the West division and will be a seed between 1 and 3. The loser gets the 5th seed. OKC has Rome and @Long Beach. The Jizz has Cuba and @Wichita. Advantage Louisiana

Seoul needs one win to clinch the Pacific and get the 4th seed. They have Orlando and Singapore left. If they lose out and Hawaii wins out (Gotham, Portland), Hawaii wins the Atlantic and gets the 4th seed

The 6-7-8 seeds will be likely be decided between Seoul (7-4-1), Hawaii (6-6), Ivory Coast (7-5, @Wichita @Rome), Gotham (6-5-1, @Hawaii @Orlando) and Long Beach (6-6, Berlin OKC)

Tiebreakers: Hawaii > Seoul & Long Beach, IC > Hawaii & LB, Seoul > IC, LB > Gotham

I'll pass on the unlikely scenarios where Camden, Cuba, Wichita and Berlin would qualift

Next week:

GOT @ HAW: Gotham clinches a WC with a win, Hawaii clinches a WC with a win and an IC loss

ORL @ SEO: Seoul clinches the Pacific with a win OR a HAW loss. Seoul clinches a WC with LB loss, and/or with a tie and a GOT loss

Rome @ OKC: OKC clinches the West with a win and a LOU loss

Berlin @ LB: LB can't clinch or be eliminated, but they can move up Gotham and/or Hawaii with a win

IC @ Wichita: Ivory coast clinches a WC with a win

• Like 5