BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

Also....because I'm a stickler....

Each NFL Sunday, you are required to send a lineup and a gameplan to face your opponent. Each lineup should field 11 starters (just like IRL) and up to 8 bench players.

Can we update that to say 8 bench players on offense and 8 bench players on defense.

So the noob had his first run in creating a game plan setting the lineup and voting and evaluating the other game plans.  

It's tough, your system really makes you think about every aspect of the game plan and how their lineup fits within that plan.  To be honest, its a little more work than I thought it would be but I've gotta say it was fun.  Finally we've got a mock/sim that allows us to voice our opinions without getting slammed for it, definitely something that other mocks/ sims should focus on.  

I still think that the offseason could be streamlined to limit the amount of work involved for everyone (and would very much like to discuss some options for this), but the voting system used for the matchups is spot on.  Already looking forward to next week!!!

Side note, my apologies to @MD4L for overlooking the Nightmarchers injury at center I believe and not having the bench including a replacement.  I'll try to be more observant in my evaluations in the future.

Thanks guys.

Edited by ny92mike
  • Like 6

Those managing the workbook, are the players listed in the free agency sheet available, meaning that they don't belong to anyone and I can put a waiver claim on them?

I wanna say I read that you got one waiver claim each week and two if you had a player go on IR, so just making sure I'm eligible to make two waiver claims?

28 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

So the noob had his first run in creating a game plan setting the lineup and voting and evaluating the other game plans.  

It's tough, your system really makes you think about every aspect of the game plan and how their lineup fits within that plan.  To be honest, its a little more work than I thought it would be but I've gotta say it was fun.  Finally we've got a mock/sim that allows us to voice our opinions without getting slammed for it, definitely something that other mocks/ sims should focus on.  

I still think that the offseason could be streamlined to limit the amount of work involved for everyone (and would very much like to discuss some options for this), but the voting system used for the matchups is spot on.  Already looking forward to next week!!!

Side note, my apologies to @MD4L for overlooking the Nightmarchers injury at center I believe and not having the bench including a replacement.  I'll try to be more observant in my evaluations in the future.

Thanks guys.

Super glad you like it. Regular season is exhausting, sometimes frustrating, but it's what makes BDL different. And you can always feel free to give your opinion. Some guys will give you a hard time for it, but in the end I feel like we are a close bunch because of it.

We will work on stuff for the offseason. February is a good time to do it usually. We should discuss that next offseason when it's quiet.

24 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Sadly, I've got to place one of my players on IR, is that announcement done here or in a different thread?

Just tag a roster bro and tell them, we will change it

20 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

Those managing the workbook, are the players listed in the free agency sheet available, meaning that they don't belong to anyone and I can put a waiver claim on them?

I wanna say I read that you got one waiver claim each week and two if you had a player go on IR, so just making sure I'm eligible to make two waiver claims?

Yes and yes. PM your claims to bcb before Wed midnight and you will be fine

• Like 1

@spreadsheet editors, for whatever reason, Seoul has Ricardo Allen listed at CB instead of Robert Alford. Alford is also missing the player database.

Also, two things to add to the list for the next owner's meeting: Increase number of bench players to 10. Requiring comments on votes from outside the league.

Edited by Whicker