BDL Discussion Thread 2018

Jlash

12 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

Rant incoming because this kind of ridiculous and should've been avoided but it wasn't.

The deadline to vote is 12PM EST on Wednesday right? (Barring OT/tied games)

For the most crucial part of the BDL season (playoffs) when the main voting days fall on Christmas Eve+Christmas Day, the fact it wasn't extended to Thursday like Bcb suggested is mind boggling. 

If this isn't on the Docket I fully encourage expanding the voting deadline to Thursday 12pm EST because this was total nonsense. 

It should have been pushed back simply because the game plans didnt get posted for an entire day after deadline 

50 minutes ago, PR said:

It should have been pushed back simply because the game plans didnt get posted for an entire day after deadline 

I think write ups should've just been in on time. That would've solved the issue. But in reality there wasn't enough activity on to get a legit vote on moving deadlines.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TedLavie said:

@SirA1 can you confirm this for me?

We adopted the following rule in last Summer Meeting: BDL cap will match previous NFL salary cap. This year salary cap is at 177,2M. So BDL salary cap in 2019 will be 177.200?

Correct. 

They were cut despite not being eligible for a cap concessional cut (1 yr fa or sub-500).

So the idea is you get a roster spot for cutting them, but you're still liable for their cap hit that year (or rest of contract if multi-year until they become fa/retirement cut eligible).

So I'm going to be hitting you all up with questions over the next several weeks as I get the workbooks built.

In the player database sheet in the bdl roster workbook, there are about 2500 players not listed.  Is this to save time of entering them into the database if they don't have a contract in bdl or if they are inactive?

I'm working on the player database and will be posting as early as tonight, I've gone through the player names, matching them to what we've currently got listed in BDL to spotrac.  I've checked the list to make sure that duplicate names are linked to the correct player but if you could double check me when you all get time.

54 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

So I'm going to be hitting you all up with questions over the next several weeks as I get the workbooks built.

In the player database sheet in the bdl roster workbook, there are about 2500 players not listed.  Is this to save time of entering them into the database if they don't have a contract in bdl or if they are inactive?

I'm working on the player database and will be posting as early as tonight, I've gone through the player names, matching them to what we've currently got listed in BDL to spotrac.  I've checked the list to make sure that duplicate names are linked to the correct player but if you could double check me when you all get time.

Combo of both saving time entering and keeping it easier too both load the sheets and browse the sheets for free agents 

15 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Combo of both saving time entering and keeping it easier too both load the sheets and browse the sheets for free agents 

I get the idea of it being easier and saving time by not listing as many but if you're browsing for free agents, then you are missing a lot of them because they aren't listed.

Take a look at this listing, the first section is what you guys are currently using the second is what I've created.  Basically just looking at this list to make sure that the names are matched up correctly with the hyperlinked information.  Once we're good with this I'll remove all the duplicated data.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iWOj2ZcVp8cRHwJP-UOfT7V1E_n1Xb_aWsj0Gv9h5uQ/edit?usp=sharing