Madden 19

MacReady

24 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Was Longshot last year any good, or was it a stupid gimmick?

I thought it was kinda dumb tbh, terrible completely unrealistic story... Even worse than the NBA 2k MyCareer stories.... And those are pretty damn bad, lol.

12 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

It wasnt terrible....but it definitely felt gimmicky.    Felt like they added it just so they had another excuse for not addressing bigger issues within the game.

Thats Madden's ongoing motto...."maybe next year".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

It was an interesting little experiment. I thought what was there was well done but its more like an interactive story than a game. The actual story itself is stupid though and would never ever happen. I still found it interesting. 

It still doesn't even come close to a true my player mode..... 

5 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

So why don't they just go back to mode where you are the player, and you take a wonderlic, get drafted etc?

Good question. I would love that if they could just slip in experience gains based on performance & your contract. It would be easy to both get a wonderlic and possibly combine mini games to settle your draft position. Even a few "Dummy" college games if they wanted to take it farther. 

The show did it right with their rookie showcase games, NBA 2k used to do it with their high school/college games. NHL does it. I don't have any good reason sans its not making them enough money why this would not be included in Madden by this point. 

• Like 2

I had a 22 year old CB in his second year. Was a high pick but had slow development. Made the Pro Bowl during his sophomore campaign and got a fat 30k experience out of it. His development didn't change though.. whatever that's fine. However.. he regressed -2 in man coverage the same year due to "bad year" (that's what it said next to the regression)

??????????????????????

Edited by cddolphin

5 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I had a 22 year old CB in his second year. Was a high pick but had slow development. Made the Pro Bowl during his sophomore campaign and got a fat 30k experience out of it. His development didn't change though.. whatever that's fine. However.. he regressed -2 in man coverage the same year due to "bad year" (that's what it said next to the regression)

??????????????????????

madden bro

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

So why don't they just go back to mode where you are the player, and you take a wonderlic, get drafted etc?

Superstar mode was terrible IMO, and wasnt that popular.

It had potential IMO, but it was never done that well.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Superstar mode was terrible IMO, and wasnt that popular.

It had potential IMO, but it was never done that well.

Honestly Football is the sport in games where it just isn't that fun to play as one player in a career mode. You don't have enough control over the team only playing one side of the ball so its way too frustrating for me to perform well and the defense be historically bad. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

Honestly Football is the sport in games where it just isn't that fun to play as one player in a career mode. You don't have enough control over the team only playing one side of the ball so its way too frustrating for me to perform well and the defense be historically bad. 

I remember creating a RB way back when. Being at the mercy of the play calling sucked.

I tried WR once but the controls sucked. I couldn't run the routes as well as I wanted.

And I tried safety once but the camera angle switched to behind me which was awful. To make it worse, I couldn't see the whole field in front of me.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:
29 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I remember creating a RB way back when. Being at the mercy of the play calling sucked.

I tried WR once but the controls sucked. I couldn't run the routes as well as I wanted.

And I tried safety once but the camera angle switched to behind me which was awful. To make it worse, I couldn't see the whole field in front of me.

I get this one, they want to make it feel more authentic. But it makes it really hard to play effectively when you are playing center field and can't see the boundaries unless you back up far enough to take yourself out of the run and underneath game....

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I get this one, they want to make it feel more authentic. But it makes it really hard to play effectively when you are playing center field and can't see the boundaries unless you back up far enough to take yourself out of the run and underneath game....

Play that Jabril Peppers defense.

1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

Biggest problem is you could turn your head to look at things like you can in say an FPS or anything first person as you typical do with the right joystick.

3 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I completely agree. In my opinion, there are only a few positions that are even remotely playable as a single position... QB, RB, DL and maybe linebacker. With the other positions, there are too many roadblocks. There are even limitations to the ones I mentioned as well.

Beyond that, as noted, when you play Superstar mode, you are limited to just that player and have no control over the play-calling or team building, which can be incredibly frustrating. If they ever put Superstar mode back in, which I doubt, they need to give you the option to control play calling and Team Management.

• Like 1