Madden 19

MacReady

On 12/29/2018 at 10:20 PM, August4th said:

feels like the people who make these games are really lazy(or just not good at) at this or not big football fans, so they are not passionate about this lol

The programmers who make this game are basically recycled every year or two, so you've got new developers working with a web of tangled code that previous developers left. Can't really expect much there.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

It's a AAA release at a full $60.

I can damn well expect more.

Well yeah, we the consumers can, but as a developer, I know how damn hard it is to work with impossible deadlines with code that's been passed around like a sorority chick. These programmers stand almost no chance from the get-go, which is why there's so much turnover. It's just a toxic model for those who aren't reaping the benefits.

• Like 2

On 1/2/2019 at 3:31 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Well yeah, we the consumers can, but as a developer, I know how damn hard it is to work with impossible deadlines with code that's been passed around like a sorority chick. These programmers stand almost no chance from the get-go, which is why there's so much turnover. It's just a toxic model for those who aren't reaping the benefits.

I feel like they should try the assassins creed route and focus on making the game that’s 3 years in the future. Keep putting forth the minimal effort in each game like they have been but put other people on the 3 year project that will be a immensely superior product. Keep doing that every 3 years to come out with something better at those intervals instead of doing the same old same old crap game. 

So, I need someone to help me out. A little background of me and football games. I grew up playing Madden since Madden 95. After a couple of Maddens later I got hooked on the 2K NFL series when it released. After 2k5, and Madden taking sole possession of the license I stuck with it. And I (along with a great many) feel like the quality slowly drained away with no real competition. After I think 11 or 12, I gave up for a bit. I finally got Madden 15 thinking I would give it a shot again and same old same old. Extremely incompetent AI and recycled garbage. Like a dummy, I said again, Madden 18 (the last one I just got) may be worth a try. Maybe an example would help for the kind of problems I experience would help. A note here, i am no Madden diehard or expert, but maybe I am missing something.

I'm playing with a 2018 updated roster in the game. Difficulty on Pro I think. Saints at Vikings. I'm on defense, controlling Sheldon Rankins (DT). it's 3rd and long on our own 40. I call man coverage (don't remember the play specifically outside of the fact that we were in a nickel package). Cousins drops back, their Oline washes us out, coverage is good but there is an open lane on the left side and Cousins takes off running. The attacking LB misses. It happens. He is now in open field. Down the field, there is a WR with a CB covering just standing there, maybe a yard deep in the endzone. Not running, the WR is not blocking, they are just standing there, facing Cousins running right at them. He literally runs 40 yards for a TD, the CB never moved an inch. The WR never made a move to help his running QB. I didn't switch to the CB out of sheer shock of just watching him stand there. It was actually hilarious to me at the time. But why is this happening? I have seen similar things happen countless times. This play happened and I literally turned the game off out of both frustration and hilarity.  Is the AI in this game really still this bad? Or is there something I can adjust to make it better?

21 hours ago, navysaintsfan said:

So, I need someone to help me out. A little background of me and football games. I grew up playing Madden since Madden 95. After a couple of Maddens later I got hooked on the 2K NFL series when it released. After 2k5, and Madden taking sole possession of the license I stuck with it. And I (along with a great many) feel like the quality slowly drained away with no real competition. After I think 11 or 12, I gave up for a bit. I finally got Madden 15 thinking I would give it a shot again and same old same old. Extremely incompetent AI and recycled garbage. Like a dummy, I said again, Madden 18 (the last one I just got) may be worth a try. Maybe an example would help for the kind of problems I experience would help. A note here, i am no Madden diehard or expert, but maybe I am missing something.

I'm playing with a 2018 updated roster in the game. Difficulty on Pro I think. Saints at Vikings. I'm on defense, controlling Sheldon Rankins (DT). it's 3rd and long on our own 40. I call man coverage (don't remember the play specifically outside of the fact that we were in a nickel package). Cousins drops back, their Oline washes us out, coverage is good but there is an open lane on the left side and Cousins takes off running. The attacking LB misses. It happens. He is now in open field. Down the field, there is a WR with a CB covering just standing there, maybe a yard deep in the endzone. Not running, the WR is not blocking, they are just standing there, facing Cousins running right at them. He literally runs 40 yards for a TD, the CB never moved an inch. The WR never made a move to help his running QB. I didn't switch to the CB out of sheer shock of just watching him stand there. It was actually hilarious to me at the time. But why is this happening? I have seen similar things happen countless times. This play happened and I literally turned the game off out of both frustration and hilarity.  Is the AI in this game really still this bad? Or is there something I can adjust to make it better?

Ya'll just gonna let me keep sucking at Madden :D

On 1/4/2019 at 6:39 PM, Tyty said:

I feel like they should try the assassins creed route and focus on making the game that’s 3 years in the future. Keep putting forth the minimal effort in each game like they have been but put other people on the 3 year project that will be a immensely superior product. Keep doing that every 3 years to come out with something better at those intervals instead of doing the same old same old crap game. 

I wish that they would do that - I would even be willing to pay maybe $20 for updated rosters/uniforms/stadiums in the gap year(s). Unfortunately, there's too much money to be lost with that method. 

On 1/2/2019 at 2:13 PM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

The programmers who make this game are basically recycled every year or two, so you've got new developers working with a web of tangled code that previous developers left. Can't really expect much there.

They should've started over from scratch when they jumped to the current gen of consoles.  Unfortunately, the higher ups at EA are representative of everything that is wrong with the video game industry...they dont actually care about the quality of their games, just how many people they can dupe into buying them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, BYG Jacob said:

The Superbowl MUT challenge where you have to pass for a 73 yard TD on the first play is gonna make me tear my eyes out.

Glitch it. Speed WR at TE or motioned wide with LBer following 

Edited by Dome

7 hours ago, BYG Jacob said:

The Superbowl MUT challenge where you have to pass for a 73 yard TD on the first play is gonna make me tear my eyes out.

idk what the play is called but it is a playaction pass with the wr doing a double move (out and up), i use that play against the cpu and it works all the time. it is out of the strong formation in the titans (and other) playbooks. just use your fastest wr.

Finally started playing online. 3-0 now in H2H. Guy messaged me on the last drive of my last game begging me to go easy on him and give him one last chance lol. So instead of running out the clock in 3 plays I went through my whole drive.