Madden 19

MacReady

On 8/10/2018 at 10:21 AM, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It's not just RB's - it's everyone. I've noticed this year that more often than not (and maybe I'm just doing this wrong?) when you catch a pass, or INT a pass, but your guy will completely stop to turn upfield and lose all momentum. I don't get that. If I catch the ball and tell my player to turn upfield, just keep his momentum going and turn his *** upfield! It's not hard.

Yeah that death of momentum after catches is so annoying. Do I need to be rac catching every time or some ****

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

no doubt that they could improve certain things and add some cool smaller features, but they won't be able to fix things that are just blatantly missing from the game... Most notably, the fact that coaches don't really matter in franchise mode.

You never know. One can hope.

Hey everyone,

Couple things that annoy me. In Franchise mode in both fantasy and normal drafts, there is no way of seeing who has been previously drafted right? Or am I missing something. New UI Overhaul is nice but not seeing everything  is making me wonder if its me or them.

Secondly, what the hell is going on with catching? I've noticed that I can throw the ball at a receiver, have it hit them in the face mask in stride, then they have the stumble missed catch animation. Does catch timing have to be way more on point now?  (I was hitting the square button before this happened each time). 

Also worth noting this is probably one of the most active forums for this game right now. 

1 hour ago, John232 said:

Hey everyone,

Couple things that annoy me. In Franchise mode in both fantasy and normal drafts, there is no way of seeing who has been previously drafted right? Or am I missing something. New UI Overhaul is nice but not seeing everything  is making me wonder if its me or them.

Secondly, what the hell is going on with catching? I've noticed that I can throw the ball at a receiver, have it hit them in the face mask in stride, then they have the stumble missed catch animation. Does catch timing have to be way more on point now?  (I was hitting the square button before this happened each time). 

Also worth noting this is probably one of the most active forums for this game right now. 

Ya, on the first is broken ATM.

I went on another forum and there was a huge topic of people asking whether or not they should buy the game.  I'm reading this thinking to myself.... Dude, it's freaking Madden.  Madden is Madden.  It's a football game.  Madden doesn't change THAT much on a year-to-year basis.  Plus, the game was under $60 brand new and it's even cheaper if you get it used.  This is the most simple thing in the world.  If you want to play the latest football game then buy Madden 19.  If not, play an older version of the game.

This the same thing people do with Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, Halo, etc.  "Bro, how is Battlefield 5"..... It's a freaking Battlefield game bro.  I mean, if you've never played Battlefield, then by all means.  But if you played the previous game.... the new game is somewhat similar.  Halo is Halo.  Gears of War is Gears of War.  NBA 2K is NBA 2K and Madden is Madden.

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I went on another forum and there was a huge topic of people asking whether or not they should buy the game.  I'm reading this thinking to myself.... Dude, it's freaking Madden.  Madden is Madden.  It's a football game.  Madden doesn't change THAT much on a year-to-year basis.  Plus, the game was under $60 brand new and it's even cheaper if you get it used.  This is the most simple thing in the world.  If you want to play the latest football game then buy Madden 19.  If not, play an older version of the game.

This the same thing people do with Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, Halo, etc.  "Bro, how is Battlefield 5"..... It's a freaking Battlefield game bro.  I mean, if you've never played Battlefield, then by all means.  But if you played the previous game.... the new game is somewhat similar.  Halo is Halo.  Gears of War is Gears of War.  NBA 2K is NBA 2K and Madden is Madden.

Its because a lot of people want to know if there have been improvements to franchise mode.  

24 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Its because a lot of people want to know if there have been improvements to franchise mode.  

Not that big of a difference between 18 and 19.  If you hated 18's franchise mode, you probably won't like 19's that much more.  If you're neutral or indifferent towards 18's franchise mode then you'll like this one a little bit more.  Just my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Just sent a whiny complainy email to amazon customer service about how I still haven’t received my game so hopefully they redeem themselves somehow 

I just saw someone on reddit say they did this and got $50 credit, FWIW.

Archived