Madden 19

MacReady

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Don't pick a playbook based off your play style.  Pick a playbook based on the most broken plays/formations.  Speaking of which, I need to make a custom playbook really badly.

Seriously, no. This is why the Madden community sucks. It's less playing football and more calling the same few plays on defense to try to stop the broken plays. Turning chess into checkers and it sucks. 

26 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Seriously, no. This is why the Madden community sucks. It's less playing football and more calling the same few plays on defense to try to stop the broken plays. Turning chess into checkers and it sucks. 

This happens in every game, not just Madden.  Using the best plays in the game is like a Call of Duty player using the best gun. 

1 minute ago, showtime said:

This happens in every game, not just Madden.  Using the best plays in the game is like a Call of Duty player using the best gun. 

I don't think it's an apt analogy, personally. The best plays in Madden are the ones that usually rely on AI defenders not playing their assignments correctly (aka exploiting the AI aka glitching).

Using the best gun in Call of Duty has nothing to do with that.

The great thing about football is that theoretically there should be a counter for every concept of play. However, with Madden, some plays are called "money plays" for a reason - they can't be countered by any defensive concept and must rely on defensive user or extensive adjustments to contain.

So like 4 times in the last few games of mine I've been sacked and I looked at the replay and the OL just decides he isn't gonna block and just lets the defender closest to him just run by him. Only seems to happen on plays where I either don't shift my line or don't call out the mike. 

Happening to anyone else?

3 minutes ago, showtime said:
33 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Except it's not. You are talking about using plays that are trumping the AI in the game, or as you put it, broken plays. What this does is it takes the actual game of football out of the entire video game, and makes it not fun for most people. 

Your comparison is lazy. Cod and other team games are much different. The comparison you could make is 1v1 in Cod4 on shipment and spawn trapping

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Except it's not. You are talking about using plays that are trumping the AI in the game, or as you put it, broken plays. What this does is it takes the actual game of football out of the entire video game, and makes it not fun for most people. 

Your comparison is lazy. Cod and other team games are much different. The comparison you could make is 1v1 in Cod4 on shipment and spawn trapping

How is it not similar?  The guns in Call of Duty that get the most uses are the most overpowered and broken guns.  In World at War, the MP40 was the most broken gun, so it saw the most play.  In Madden, a play is broken, so it sees a lot of play.  It's obviously not exactly the same, but the principal is there.

This is literally what happens in all multiplayer games.  When people run the most broken plays in Madden, everyone does it because it's the 'meta' just like every game has a 'meta'.  There are times in patches were sometimes characters, weapons, items, etc are broken and abused by players.  It's annoying to play against, but the game is the game.

The bottom line to all of this stuff is, if you don't like it then don't play online.  Just spend your time playing against the AI.

Just now, showtime said:

How is it not similar?  The guns in Call of Duty that get the most uses are the most overpowered and broken guns.  In World at War, the MP40 was the most broken gun, so it saw the most play.  In Madden, a play is broken, so it sees a lot of play.  It's obviously not exactly the same, but the principal is there.

This is literally what happens in all multiplayer games.  When people run the most broken plays in Madden, everyone does it because it's the 'meta' just like every game has a 'meta'.  There are times in patches were sometimes characters, weapons, items, etc are broken and abused by players.  It's annoying to play against, but the game is the game.

The bottom line to all of this stuff is, if you don't like it then don't play online.  Just spend your time playing against the AI.

I don't play online for that reason. I play with friends, and we all play Madden without being cheesy. 

I picked this up because I wanted to play with my Giants now that they actually have an exciting runningback. I haven't played or bought a Madden game since 2010 I think (the one with Polamalu and Fitz on the cover). I'm definitely rusty. I still remember how to use the truck stick and I remember different kind of presses while passing give you a bullet or lob throw, but I don't know much else. That one tip I read here about not sprinting until you need to helps a lot. Any other tips like that?

Archived